If I have an expunged felony, will it show up on my background check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MerhawitK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was younger, I tried to be a part of this sorority & one of the tasks I had to complete was to go to Walmart & walk out with a basket full of unpaid items. Stupid, I know. Of course, I got caught & ended up being charged for a felony theft. I completed this diversion program which resulted in my conviction being expunged.

I graduate from college in 3 semesters & I'm trying to apply to Pharmacy school. Should I disclose this information to them? Or will it not show up on my criminal background check since it was expunged. The conviction was in Louisiana, but the Pharm school I want to go to is in Texas.

Am I screwed? Or am I still able to apply for Pharmacy school? Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Only way you can find out is go to the record keeping section the court where you got charged with and ask the clerk if they have any info on the case. Give them your discharge paperwork, if they don't see anything. Most likely its off the record, and since you said your conviction was being expunged, you want to make sure it has in writing. Things in black and white say more than words. You need the discharge paperwork is what i'm saying, cant rely on people. Another way to find out is apply to the pharm school, and when they accept you after all the tedious app, supp app, interview invite, acceptance offer, follow through and when its time to do background check, proceed and the background check service will send you the result before they release it to the school aftee your permission for them to do so. So basically, you'll find out before the school does. If nothing shows up after the background check, that means you're safe. Good luck and hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

When I was younger, I tried to be a part of this sorority & one of the tasks I had to complete was to go to Walmart & walk out with a basket full of unpaid items. Stupid, I know. Of course, I got caught & ended up being charged for a felony theft. I completed this diversion program which resulted in my conviction being expunged.

I graduate from college in 3 semesters & I'm trying to apply to Pharmacy school. Should I disclose this information to them? Or will it not show up on my criminal background check since it was expunged. The conviction was in Louisiana, but the Pharm school I want to go to is in Texas.

Am I screwed? Or am I still able to apply for Pharmacy school? Help!
On a second note, don't volunteer to disclose any info unless the school asks. Its your career on the line, don't show the admission committees more than they need to know. Once they ask, be prepare to explain yourself. Until then, don't volunteer anything if you understand what i'm trying to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, if it is expunged, you do not have anything to worry about. Perhaps you can spend some money and do your own background search and see what comes up.

I had a felony expunged from when I was a ***** in high school and it did not show up on my records. So you should be good. I would check just to make sure though!

It shouldn't show up on your background checks and, since you got it expunged, you do NOT have to disclose this information. The only exception to this rule is that you DO have to cite this information to government boards (for example, you WILL have to disclose the information when you apply for a pharmacy intern license in your first year).

I had a misdemeanor expunged in 2012 and it hasnt showed on my criminal background or my FBI. So I would chillllll. Do the check on yourself if you are super freaking. Stop reading the internet! Stupid lawyers say stupid **** all over the place.

I dont think he/she's even following his own thread at all