If only Pre-Allo was still like this...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost In Transcription

reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 6 users
Pre-Allo is still like this, at times. Just like its like this, http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/im-gonna-be-honest-since-the-adcom-people-here-wont.1221822/, at times.

The first thread I thought of when I saw the one you linked was the Waiting List thread and all the support people, especially BananaFish, got. Was awesome.
Actually that thread inspired my post lol

@bananafish94 @Lawper, @efle, @WedgeDawg , and basically everyone from the May/June/July MCAT threads

And many more.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually that thread inspired my post lol.
I don't think there's any way I can ever properly express how much some people on SDN meant to me last year. I'm not afraid to admit that I was in a pretty dark place at many points, in large part due to the whole admissions process. Friends are great, family is great, but unless you are in a position where you are stuck on a bunch of non-moving waitlists or waiting for interviews that never seem to come, you just don't totally get it. Some of the PMs I exchanged with people were truly extraordinary and led to real friendships. The moral of the story is that despite the sometimes-deserved reputation of this website, there are a great deal of very good people.

Reactions: 13 users
I don't think there's any way I can ever properly express how much some people on SDN meant to me last year. I'm not afraid to admit that I was in a pretty dark place at many points, in large part due to the whole admissions process. Friends are great, family is great, but unless you are in a position where you are stuck on a bunch of non-moving waitlists or waiting for interviews that never seem to come, you just don't totally get it. Some of the PMs I exchanged with people were truly extraordinary and led to real friendships. The moral of the story is that despite the sometimes-deserved reputation of this website, there are a great deal of very good people.
Yeah I was secretly stalking quietly following your cycle last year especially towards the end and I was rooting for you all the way. I hope I have some people out there rooting for me. I'm sure they're out there, they just aren't always obvious.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I was secretly stalking quietly following your cycle last year especially towards the end and I was rooting for you all the way. I hope I have some people out there rooting for me. I'm sure they're out there, they just aren't always obvious.
I root for you, @freak7 ! I really do.

Bananafish inspired us all.

Reactions: 5 users
Damn dawg, I'm sorry. Hope it looks up. At least it's almost over?
I respect you a lot. Always hopeful to see your posts haha.
Yeah I've got beer and a giant burrito in my near future so I think it will turn out alright.

Reactions: 2 users
You'll still see a fair bit of that when people start updating their status and such to reflect they got accepted :)

How can you say it's not still like that? Somebody actually congratulated that person on his acceptance 45 minutes ago.

In case you guys were wondering the burrito made everything better.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What kind did you go with?
My favorite hole-in-the-wall Mexican place was out of ingredients for my favorite burrito so I just kept it it simple with the classic bean and cheese jumbo burrito. So so good.

I'm more of an empanada kind of guy, but I dig a good 'rito.
Chiles rellenos are my fav. The place I go to does a burrito with beans, rice, lettuce, enchilada sauce, AND a chile relleno inside of a giant tortilla. SO good. Too bad they were out of chiles :(

Reactions: 1 user
Chiles rellenos are my fav. The place I go to does a burrito with beans, rice, lettuce, enchilada sauce, AND a chile relleno inside of a giant tortilla. SO good. Too bad they were out of chiles :(

I'm actually not that big of a Mexican food fan. I'll definitely eat it, but I'm way more of an Italian eater. Too bad my wife has a gluten sensitivity (like, an actual one--not the faddish "gluten allergy").

Reactions: 1 users
"Make SDN great again!" ;)

All jokes aside, while there are plenty of threads that make me want to smash my head into a wall, I see a lot of kindness and support on here, and I'm very appreciative of it. I can only hope that when my cycle hits (hoping to apply 2017) I can find likeminded people so that we can support one another. Like every place on the internet, you have to wade through the trolls and the ignorant to find your community.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh yeah I understand. I'm just legit Mexican so I grew up on the stuff. :laugh:
I'm actually not that big of a Mexican food fan. I'll definitely eat it, but I'm way more of an Italian eater. Too bad my wife has a gluten sensitivity (like, an actual one--not the faddish "gluten allergy").

Because that means there's one less seat for other premeds to have.