If you had to choose 1 set of prep books for 2015 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TooMuchPressure

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing some research I realized that there is no correct answer to this question. My only problem is I have the TPR 2013 books which I will be using to study but I also wanted a 2015 mcat book set. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Well depends on what subject, I'm working through chem videos on Khan Academy website to refresh my memory on basics and I actually like it, plus its free. However, I have not done their practice questions yet. As far as psychology, my friend just took the exam a month ago and he told me any 101 psy book is good but he recommended NextStep book.

I am planning on taking my MCAT during the upcoming fall semester as I have not taken Biochemistry yet. Currently, I am using the Kaplan 7 book set mainly for Biochemistry/Biology since it goes in depth for those subjects, and the MCAT is very heavy on Biochem/Bio. For the 50% of the exam which is the natural sciences, Biochem/Bio are the majority, especially Biochem. Since I have a little bit over 4 months, Im going to supplement Biochemistry/Biology with TBR (very dense) for extra information since that is a method that works for me to memorize the fundamentals. For Psych/Soc, I will be using EK/Kaplan/Khan, and for CARS I will use older material for Verbal on the older MCAT. Lastly, for Physics/GenChem/Ochem I will just use EK because these topics were my strong points throughout undergrad and EK does a good job at telling you exactly what you need to know.

Kaplan - in-depth
EK - straight to the point
TBR - very dense

Reactions: 1 user
Well depends on what subject, I'm working through chem videos on Khan Academy website to refresh my memory on basics and I actually like it, plus its free. However, I have not done their practice questions yet. As far as psychology, my friend just took the exam a month ago and he told me any 101 psy book is good but he recommended NextStep book.
I'm trying to be as economically efficient without all the headache. According to sources I have read mixing and matching is the best way to go, it's just I would feel better if I had all the material at my disposal in one package.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say TBR science set along TPR P&S and EK Bio. If you have more money to spare, Kaplan biochem.

TPR set with either a TBR Book II or a Kaplan BC unless you have taken biochem already then I think TPR set is good enough.

If you do the following: plan to take the test in 2 years and briefly study throughout your undergrad and add your notes to your review books, I would heavily recommend getting the TBR set once the new one comes out.

Once the new TBR set comes out, I think an adjusted version of SN2 for the new MCAT would be the best option. However, I think instead of 3 months, it will probably take 4 months to finish that schedule.