if you had to french kiss the royal camel of arabia to get into your top choice, would you ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

would you french kiss the royal camel of arabia to get into your top choice of medical school ?

• no !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hell no !!

• well, given it the ROYAL camel of arabia, maybe !!

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • only if it was one damn hot camel !!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • what on gods earth is the royal camel of arabia ?!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • only if the camel was the member of the opposite sex.

• at best, i might consider a regular kiss !!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • maybe if you threw in a full ride !!

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • only if you kissed the camel first !!

• dude it is 2 am and you are posting a stupid poll like this ?! don't you have better things to do ?

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

restful

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

hell yes. i'd also kiss the royal camel toe of arabia.

No. It's just medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd kiss the camel's toe.

Reactions: 1 users
I would make sweet sweet love to that camel. Not just for medical school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would make sweet sweet love to that camel. Not just for medical school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pucker up big boy

kaa8.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
This is child's play compared to poop hotdog

Reactions: 10 users
what if it was the top residency program of your choice? :p
LOL. Ok, that might be different. Although in my specialty I would be be happy with any of them. That being said, it's impossible to be happy day-to-day, 100%, all the time. A lot of what people love about medical school, is more the brochure speak.

LOL. Ok, that might be different. Although in my specialty I would be be happy with any of them. That being said, it's impossible to be happy day-to-day, 100%, all the time. A lot of what people love about medical school, is more the brochure speak.

brochure speak meaning their mission statement time stuff? because if people were happy with school's mission statements alone they could settle for literally any medical school seeing as most of them are damn near identical.

brochure speak meaning their mission statement time stuff? because if people were happy with school's mission statements alone they could settle for literally any medical school seeing as most of them are damn near identical.
That's the problem. I think premeds all the time fall for the same buzzwords that schools parrot, without identifying whether it's actually a med school worth going to. Also if you talk to many premeds and what they're goals are - you see that PA or NP would have been a better route, financially, time-wise, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
That's the problem. I think premeds all the time fall for the same buzzwords that schools parrot, without identifying whether it's actually a med school worth going to. Also if you talk to many premeds and what they're goals are - you see that PA or NP would have been a better route, financially, time-wise, etc.

true that, but a large portion of them are too blinded by the prospects of dollar signs in medicine, which isnt accurate in the ways they expect. I'm all for premeds changing their paths and wish more would, it'd be excellent ways of weeding them out, especially when nurse practitioners and PAs can do a lot and they can use literally identical reasons to rationalize their choice. A career in medicine really should only appeal to a select few if you ask me and that's a good thing imo. Also, once you brush pass the altruism facade premeds put up, it's pretty evident that often times medicine is a popular career path for often times wrong distorted reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
true that, but a large portion of them are too blinded by the prospects of dollar signs in medicine, which isnt accurate in the ways they expect. I'm all for premeds changing their paths and wish more would, it'd be excellent ways of weeding them out, especially when nurse practitioners and PAs can do a lot and they can use literally identical reasons to rationalize their choice. A career in medicine really should only appeal to a select few if you ask me and that's a good thing imo. Also, once you brush pass the altruism facade premeds put up, it's pretty evident that often times medicine is a popular career path for often times wrong distorted reasons.
Even if you are the most altruistic, the system will wear you down completely. Reality sets in.

Even if you are the most altruistic, the system will wear you down completely. Reality sets in.

exactly, also trying to be altruistic with no reimbursement or ability to maintain a practice is laughable at best. I anticipate being worn down in every way in all honesty even though most of my reference frames would probably be laughable compared to what you encounter as a doctor, but I have other reasons for pursuing medicine that aren't money, hot chicks, or altruism facades. I work myself to burn out every day as it is.

Wow. I don't stay up past 1 am often enough.

Is she hot or does she have "a great personality"?

Banned?!?! But poop hot dog thread isn't?

Why was mrh125 banned? I thought he was a decent contributor to this forum

That's too bad. I kinda enjoyed discussing things with mrh125.

If by discussion, you mean using his own bitterness with the admissions process and passing off advice that is often contradictory to what adcoms give to other posters here and then using ad hominems on those who attempt to disagree even if they present concrete evidence, then sure.

If by discussion, you mean using his own bitterness with the admissions process and passing off advice that is often contradictory to what adcoms give to other posters here and then using ad hominems on those who attempt to disagree even if they present concrete evidence, then sure.
By no means was I endorsing such behavior, however I think you may be exaggerating as to the extent of what he was doing. I was just saying I miss discussing politics with him ( Obamacare and such) and I had never experienced with him what you had mentioned. Anyway, I'm sorry you have such bitter feelings with him. Sometimes people get a little mad when discussing politics. I'm a perfect example of that.

Yes, bc adcoms are known to tell the truth. :rolleyes:

More likely the Obamacare rules thread.

Not even. He had resorted to straight-up trolling in a number of threads. You could sorta see it happen in slow motion, as he got angrier and angrier... then one day last week he sort of snapped.

By no means was I endorsing such behavior, however I think you may be exaggerating as to the extent of what he was doing. I was just saying I miss discussing politics with him ( Obamacare and such) and I had never experienced with him what you had mentioned. Anyway, I'm sorry you have such bitter feelings with him. Sometimes people get a little mad when discussing politics. I'm a perfect example of that.

If anything, I'm understating his behavior. I haven't even mentioned the rudeness and arrogance of some of his posts. I don't feel any bitterness, since during his most notable incidents, I was merely lurking. Most of my direct encounters with him have been pretty neutral. Sure, some of his discussions merit productivity on such a forum, but those incidents have been in the minority, according to my observations.

Yes, bc adcoms are known to tell the truth. :rolleyes:

They tell as much truth as any other person, since they are people too. The difference is that what they say is reflective of (at least part of) the process. I'm not referring to his disagreements with the process. There are many times that I agree with him as well. But when you give advice according to these disagreements to posters who are looking for advice, that becomes problematic and detrimental (he uses this word a lot :p) to the poster and other forum users/lurkers.

I will regret never finding out how he fared in interviews.
This. It was bittersweet in a way when I saw he was banned. Googling his username brings up a solid "best of" doing an image search due to so many of his threads devolving into meme and gif laden flame wars. So at least there's always that if you're feeling nostalgic.