About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ihs

Discussion in 'Rural & Underserved Communities' started by ihsmd, Feb 20, 2009.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. ihsmd

ihsmd

Attending Physician

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    For those of you contenplating jobs in rural underserved communitis consider the IHS. THis may be a Federal job no worring about billing etc. Loan repayment is there Salaries and benefits aren't bad. :) Let me know if you want more info
  2. hab818

hab818

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hi IHSMD, thanks for offering to provide more info about the program. My boyfriend just stumbled across IHS yesterday while researching employment opportunities for dentists. I'm working towards med school and information on the IHS website about IHS medical is rather sparse. I love the fact that the emphasis of the program is to provide high quality medical care to underserved areas within the US. What does IHS look for in potential candidates and can you apply for multiple locations? Does IHS offer rotations or residency programs for med students? Finally, how would you describe the lifestyle and day to day duties?

Thanks so much and can't wait to hear back