Illinois College of Optometry class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreyes412

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Haven't seen a thread for ICO class of 2020 so I thought I would start one. Excited to meet everyone! Has anyone decided if they are going to be living in the RC or Off campus?

Members don't see this ad.

I have put down my deposit but there is actually a facebook group for this already which may be why you haven't see a thread for it :) (link below). To answer your question though, if I end up at ICO (waiting on a decision from Waterloo) I will stay at the RC for at least my first year!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/809954895769378/?fref=ts

If I go to ICO (i've been accepted but haven't made my final decision yet) I will not be staying in the RC. But I think around 70% of first year students do live there.

Members don't see this ad :)
@foreyes412 @ODpookie @SunA21
what'd you guys think of the RC? It seems really convenient to live right across the street from classes/clinic, but I feel like sharing a bathroom with two other people will be bothersome because we're all going to have the same schedule. The rooms don't look bad at all though, and I like that there are lounges where people can study or chill.

I think the RC is very convenient indeed, though it would be kind of weird to feel like I'm a freshman in college again, living the dorm life. I'd also rather have my own kitchen for cooking purposes. If I wasn't planning on living with my boyfriend, I'd definitely consider the RC just because of all the time I'd save not having to commute. The bathroom issue doesn't bother me, because I figure not everyone's a night shower-er like me and people usually vary in how much time they want to spend getting ready in the morning. I'm sure it's something that can be worked out at the beginning of the year, if needed.

I got into ICO this year and I will most likely be staying in the RC. I am also moving from a different state and I don't know the area very well so I'd like a year at the RC to get to know the area and find a place later. This will be a new experience for me because as an undergrad, I never stayed in the dorm. I am looking forward to not having to commute. I also really like the study rooms.

Has anyone filled out the RC contract and roommate matching questionnaire yet? I am trying to get to in on their website but nothing comes up when I click on the link.

Has anyone filled out the RC contract and roommate matching questionnaire yet? I am trying to get to in on their website but nothing comes up when I click on the link.
I have it open but haven't submitted it yet!