I'm a nursing student who wants to go to Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleCA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm curious if you guys know any nurses who did a career change and went to med school. I am a 2nd year nursing student, getting A's, and feel like I'm missing out on the real medical treatment side of health care (what would you say if someone told you that the only diagnoses you could make were things like "risk for falls" or "energy field disturbance"??) Although I'd originally planned to become a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist), I've been seriously considering going to med school, instead. What do you think? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm curious if you guys know any nurses who did a career change and went to med school. I am a 2nd year nursing student, getting A's, and feel like I'm really missing out on the real medical treatment side of health care (what would you say if someone told you that the only diagnoses you could make were things like "risk for falls" or "energy field disturbance"??) Although I'd originally planned to become a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist), I've been seriously considering going to med school, instead. What do you think? Any advice?

Go for it if it's what you want to do. There's a true difference in the two roles, and both are very important.

Although, just what school exactly do you attend where you're told an 'energy field disturbance' is a legit diagnosis? Even if on a very general level, WTF is an ENERGY FIELD??? Your curriculum isn't heavily based on eastern medicine is it?

www.aamc.org

www.aamc.org/students/applying/start.htm

www.tmdsas.com (if you are applying to Texas schools)

Those websites should have all the info regarding requirements to entry, statistics of accepted applicants, as well as all the pertaining information to the medical school curriculum and duration of training.

There are a lot of things that would take too long for us to write down (especially with such an open-ended question as yours), so it would be best if you visited these websites first to get a good idea of what it takes to apply and get in, and then come back for clarifications from students on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are having doubts, i'd switch to non-nursing because it is so hard to get into medical school with a nursing degree.

if you later decide you don't want to be a doctor and would rather be a nurse there are a lot of accelerated BSN programs for people with bachelors in another fields ( the shortest I know of being 11 months ). At my school we have a program where you become an RN, get your MSNursing, and become a nurse practitioner in 3 years without a nursing degree.

My personal opinion is to go that route as I feel it gives you the best options for both fields.

if you are having doubts, i'd switch to non-nursing because it is so hard to get into medical school with a nursing degree.

There are several nurses in my class. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the often-quoted idea that it's hard to get into med school if you're a nurse, but I know enough of them that it can't be THAT hard.

There are several nurses in my class. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind the often-quoted idea that it's hard to get into med school if you're a nurse, but I know enough of them that it can't be THAT hard.

It is because there is such a shortage of nurses. When a student goes through nursing school and then never actually practices as a nurse... not only is that not helping alleviate the nursing shortage, but that person also took up a spot in a nursing program that could have been filled by someone who actually intended to work/practice as a nurse.

It is nothing against their knowledge, skills, intelligence, etc.

It is because there is such a shortage of nurses. When a student goes through nursing school and then never actually practices as a nurse... not only is that not helping alleviate the nursing shortage, but that person also took up a spot in a nursing program that could have been filled by someone who actually intended to work/practice as a nurse.

It is nothing against their knowledge, skills, intelligence, etc.

Sure, that's a good reason why it might be a not so nice thing to do, but what reason would a medical school admissions committee have to give a crap? Their job is to admit the best possible medical students.

Sure, that's a good reason why it might be a not so nice thing to do, but what reason would a medical school admissions committee have to give a crap? Their job is to admit the best possible medical students.

I don't know their processes and thoughts as I am not a member of the admissions committee. I am just stating what I know. Their admission statistics are horribly low. I attended PreMed Day and Toledo, OSU, NEOUCOM, Wright State, UC, and Ohio U were all there and this was also confirmed by the admissions committee reps from all the schools - that they do not like to admit nurses for that reason.

This is not true as we have seen with affirmative action. It is their job to admit students in a manner that would be best for the state of healthcare. That is the ultimate responsibility of med schools. This means not taking qualified nurses and converting them to doctors.

If you guys think that med schools discourage nurses from switching over, then why have I been encouraged by MD's and other med students to do it? It can't just be patronizing, can it? Don't you realize that I would have about 3-4 years of actual nursing to contribute, also? It's not like I'm going straight from nursing school to med school... I have to take 2-3 years of prereq's and then apply. Besides, I think my application is stronger than some of yours -- who majored in sociology, polysci, etc. The nursing curriculum at my school is rigorous, and it wasn't exactly easy to get in in the first place, either. I've had a 4.0 through all the science prereqs and nursing school, too. Can't speak for you, though. The world needs plenty of bio majors who get rejected from med school, and I hear that REI is always hiring Univ. grads, by the way.

This is not true as we have seen with affirmative action.

yadda yadda yadda

I'll be sure to email our admissions committee and let them know they're doing their jobs wrong. I'll also recommend that my nurse classmates be expelled. Thanks!

BTW, should all the EMT-B's and EMT-P's out there be denied admission as well? I mean, paramedics are pretty darn important too... What about kids who worked their way through undergrad as a patient care tech/nursing assistant/janitor at a hospital? All those jobs are important to healthcare too!! They should also be denied admission.

I should have been denied admission too, I suppose. As an engineer I could have and would have gone into a medical device field, designing instruments and implants that would help far more patients than I'll ever treat personally. I'll be submitting my resignation tomorrow morning. Anyone interested in transferring into my spot should get their applications ready.

If you guys think that med schools discourage nurses from switching over, then why have I been encouraged by MD's and other med students to do it? It can't just be patronizing, can it? Don't you realize that I would have about 3-4 years of actual nursing to contribute, also? It's not like I'm going straight from nursing school to med school... I have to take 2-3 years of prereq's and then apply. Besides, I think my application is stronger than some of yours -- who majored in sociology, polysci, etc. The nursing curriculum at my school is rigorous, and it wasn't exactly easy to get in in the first place, either. I've had a 4.0 through all the science prereqs and nursing school, too. Can't speak for you, though. The world needs plenty of bio majors who get rejected from med school, and I hear that REI is always hiring Univ. grads, by the way.

2-3 years of prereqs? What is required for the nursing major? I'm assuming you took your 2 semesters of bio, and at least one of general chem, if not two. All you'd be missing is the rest of your chemistry (2-3 semesters max) and 2 semesters of physics... I guess if you were taking the classes one at a time it would take that long, but you could theoretically get it done in a year.

Wow, wow, stop with the bitterness. SDN is the site of never-ending debates, and the debates are nothing personal, so don't take it that way. These nursing-to-medschool debate has been going on since a long time ago.

Of course you won't be going straight from nursing school to medical school, because the nursing curriculum usually doesn't cover all the pre-reqs needed for medical school. Yes, you can get into medical school after having been a nurse (and having taken the pre-reqs and MCAT, there are no shorcuts there). But I don't think you have a lower or a higher chance of getting admitted than any other applicant, you are just another applicant.

I gave you the websites, have a look at them.

I wouldn't make assumptions about other majors being easier than nursing, either. Else, I can tell all how I don't think the nursing curriculum anywhere is really that hard. But that's my opinion (an opinion, like yours), and I keep it to myself, and stay out of trouble. You walked into a pre-med website, and once you hang around here for a bit longer, you'll realize posters on SDN won't always tell you what you want to hear. You'll get great advice, but don't expect to be patted on the back all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is not true as we have seen with affirmative action. It is their job to admit students in a manner that would be best for the state of healthcare. That is the ultimate responsibility of med schools. This means not taking qualified nurses and converting them to doctors.

I'll have to remember that one the next time I'm talking with an Asian person about affirmative action. Being a white male, myself, I have my own views on the whole thing. But in CA, and UC Davis at least, the majority of students are Asian. I think that I get a one-up on you, my friend, nurse or not. I hear UC San Diego is nice. LOL

I'll have to remember that one the next time I'm talking with an Asian person about affirmative action. Being a white male, myself, I have my own views on the whole thing. But in CA, and UC Davis at least, the majority of students are Asian. I think that I get a one-up on you, my friend, nurse or not. I hear UC San Diego is nice. LOL

Asians are not considered minorities by the medical school admissions system.

You walked into a pre-med website, and once you hang around here for a bit longer, you'll realize posters on SDN won't always tell you what you want to hear.

You'll also find lots of freshman pre-meds on here who like to blow crap out their backsides and pass off ideas that they just pulled out of thin air as actual verifiable fact. Keep that in mind too as you surg this site. The majority of what you'll hear is anecdotal.

You'll also find lots of freshman pre-meds on here who like to blow crap out their backsides and pass off ideas that they just pulled out of thin air as actual verifiable fact. Keep that in mind too as you surg this site. The majority of what you'll hear is anecdotal.

That, too. There aren't that many of these though, so don't assume that every post not containing what you want to hear is false, either. You'll figure it out after a while. ;)

2-3 years of prereqs? What is required for the nursing major? I'm assuming you took your 2 semesters of bio, and at least one of general chem, if not two. All you'd be missing is the rest of your chemistry (2-3 semesters max) and 2 semesters of physics... I guess if you were taking the classes one at a time it would take that long, but you could theoretically get it done in a year.

Well, in the UC system they require 1 year of english, 1 year of bio w/ a lab, 1/2 year of upper division bio w/ no lab, 1 yr of general chem, 1 yr of o chem, 1 yr of physics, and 1 yr of math. That means 13 semester-long classes. I've completed 4 semester-long courses. That means 9 semester-long courses I'd have to take. And the worst part is that the chemistry I took for nursing is not the same as general chemistry (Chem 1A or whatever)... it's chemistry for health sciences. I'm not too worried, though, I got A+'s in the chems. Working at the same time as a nurse will take some time, too, so that I can't just crunch down and knock 'em all out.

Well, in the UC system they require 1 year of english, 1 year of bio w/ a lab, 1/2 year of upper division bio w/ no lab, 1 yr of general chem, 1 yr of o chem, 1 yr of physics, and 1 yr of math. That means 13 semester-long classes. I've completed 4 semester-long courses. That means 9 semester-long courses I'd have to take. And the worst part is that the chemistry I took for nursing is not the same as general chemistry (Chem 1A or whatever)... it's chemistry for health sciences. I'm not too worried, though, I got A+'s in the chems. Working at the same time as a nurse will take some time, too, so that I can't just crunch down and knock 'em all out.

Ah, I was wondering if the nursing school sent you through a 'special' gen chem class. Still, regarding the extra courses for cali system schools.... you do know there are 49 other states in the country, many of which have med schools that don't have those extra requirements, right? I know california is apparently the land of milk and honey and all, but the U.S. of A isn't such a bad place east of the fault line.

Ah, I was wondering if the nursing school sent you through a 'special' gen chem class. Still, regarding the extra courses for cali system schools.... you do know there are 49 other states in the country, many of which have med schools that don't have those extra requirements, right? I know california is apparently the land of milk and honey and all, but the U.S. of A isn't such a bad place east of the fault line.

So many undertones. :cool: They also take 'special' anatomy and physiology classes, at least in my undergrad they did.

CycleCA: also take into consideration that California is a tough state to gain admission to medical school. Their averages are pretty high. Also, you'll need more than the pre-reqs. You'll need to look for some clinical experiences, and maybe some research (not strictly necessary, but in California I would say the competitive factor makes it more essential).

Wow, wow, stop with the bitterness. SDN is the site of never-ending debates, and the debates are nothing personal, so don't take it that way. These nursing-to-medschool debate has been going on since a long time ago.

Of course you won't be going straight from nursing school to medical school, because the nursing curriculum usually doesn't cover all the pre-reqs needed for medical school. Yes, you can get into medical school after having been a nurse (and having taken the pre-reqs and MCAT, there are no shorcuts there). But I don't think you have a lower or a higher chance of getting admitted than any other applicant, you are just another applicant.

I gave you the websites, have a look at them.

I wouldn't make assumptions about other majors being easier than nursing, either. Else, I can tell all how I don't think the nursing curriculum anywhere is really that hard. But that's my opinion (an opinion, like yours), and I keep it to myself, and stay out of trouble. You walked into a pre-med website, and once you hang around here for a bit longer, you'll realize posters on SDN won't always tell you what you want to hear. You'll get great advice, but don't expect to be patted on the back all the time.

Thanks for that reply. I didn't say that other majors were easier than nursing, though. I will say that as a nursing student I've got advantages to others in non-medical/nursing/hard science majors, though. I've also known plenty of people with BS's that complain about not learning anything in school. As a nursing student, I get practical experience in addition to academics, which is a lot more than I can say for many other majors. That, and I already have 10,000 times the experience that you do in the hospital.

Well, I think that most nursing pre-reqs are not the same as med. school pre-reqs.
I think that most school have separate classes for pre-nursing students.
I started out thinking that I might do nursing, and all of my classes for that don't even count for a bio major (Anatomy, micro, etc. is all lower leveled that bio major classes of the same name.)
Statistics don't look good for nursing students though. If you don't want to be a nurse, then you won't be a good one. I was accepted to the program, which was extremely comptetive also, but I didn't start the nursing classes because I didn't want to take the spot of someone who would actually have a career in nursing.
If I were on the adcom, I think that I would look down on trained nurses who were not practicing nurses. But that could also be because so many of the BSN students at my school don't even plan on going into nursing or about 1/2 of them want to be CRNAs.
On the other hand, if you drop out of the program now, it still won't look good, and you would still be taking someone's spot who would have gone through with it, so I guess you can't really win.

Besides that, all of this mess:

Besides, I think my application is stronger than some of yours -- who majored in sociology, polysci, etc. The nursing curriculum at my school is rigorous, and it wasn't exactly easy to get in in the first place, either. I've had a 4.0 through all the science prereqs and nursing school, too. Can't speak for you, though. The world needs plenty of bio majors who get rejected from med school, and I hear that REI is always hiring Univ. grads, by the way.[/quote]

is just silly, and you will be starting a mess with all of the humanities people. Besides the fact that it doesn't hurt the healtcare system for a sociology major to not work in sociology but go to med school instead.

yadda yadda yadda

I'll be sure to email our admissions committee and let them know they're doing their jobs wrong. I'll also recommend that my nurse classmates be expelled. Thanks!

BTW, should all the EMT-B's and EMT-P's out there be denied admission as well? I mean, paramedics are pretty darn important too... What about kids who worked their way through undergrad as a patient care tech/nursing assistant/janitor at a hospital? All those jobs are important to healthcare too!! They should also be denied admission.

I should have been denied admission too, I suppose. As an engineer I could have and would have gone into a medical device field, designing instruments and implants that would help far more patients than I'll ever treat personally. I'll be submitting my resignation tomorrow morning. Anyone interested in transferring into my spot should get their applications ready.

It's not about being "important," it's about shortage. There are plenty of EMT's. I have friends who are certified EMT's who can't even get a job. There is a shortage of minority doctors. Hence, affirmative action. There is a shortage of nurses in healthcare. Hence, med schools are reluctant to take nurses. Is it impossible for a nurse to get into med school? Of course not. But med schools are not simply looking for the most qualified candidates (highest GPA, highest MCAT, best EC's). They are looking for candidates that would fit best into the healthcare system.

Well, there are other states out there besides CA, but really, who wants to see 'em? j/k.

Thanks for that reply. I didn't say that other majors were easier than nursing, though. I will say that as a nursing student I've got advantages to others in non-medical/nursing/hard science majors, though. I've also known plenty of people with BS's that complain about not learning anything in school. As a nursing student, I get practical experience in addition to academics, which is a lot more than I can say for many other majors. That, and I already have 10,000 times the experience that you do in the hospital.

I wouldn't assume that. Many of us have worked pretty close to patients for a long time, a lot of SDN posters have been CNAs or EMTs for YEARS. Again, assumptions.

So many undertones. :cool: They also take 'special' anatomy and physiology classes, at least in my undergrad they did.

CycleCA: also take into consideration that California is a tough state to gain admission to medical school. Their averages are pretty high. Also, you'll need more than the pre-reqs. You'll need to look for some clinical experiences, and maybe some research (not strictly necessary, but in California I would say the competitive factor makes it more essential).

Eh, I didn't mean short bus special :) I have no idea whether those classes are easier, harder, or just different. I've never taken them. I just know a lot of them aren't accepted, and so he'd have to take them again :)

huh? :confused:

Health sciences majors also perform the worst on the MCAT which would also explain the poor acceptance rates into med school.

This is NOT a matter of what is RIGHT or WRONG. We're just trying to state what we have known... through personal experiences, talking with admission committees, statistics, etc.

There is a shortage of nurses and it is very hard to get a spot in a nursing program.

Anyone can major in engineering, business, humanities, etc. Not saying that everyone can withstand the rigor of the curriculum, just that there is NOT shortage for these careers and you typically do not have to apply and be a select number of students admitted to the program.

Nursing shortage, blah blah blah. Did someone say that I'd make a better doc than you because I've got more experience? **cough cough cough**

huh? :confused:

Health sciences majors also perform the worst on the MCAT which would also explain the poor acceptance rates into med school.

Don't try and categorize me with the kinesiology majors. I sincerely doubt that the percentage of nursing students taking the MCAT have skewed the averages, or didn't you take statistics?

Nursing shortage, blah blah blah. Did someone say that I'd make a better doc than you because I've got more experience? **cough cough cough**

I didn't hear anyone say that. I hope you don't think it. Because if you do, you're wrong.

I wouldn't assume that. Many of us have worked pretty close to patients for a long time, a lot of SDN posters have been CNAs or EMTs for YEARS. Again, assumptions.

You know, there's a word for the difference btw. nurses and CNA's, and it's called "scope of practice." Learn it, use it, know it ;) That, and I've been a CNA for 3 years already. And I've got 2 years of volunteering in acute care. And semester after semester with more semesters of direct patient care before you even think about touching a patient.

Don't try and categorize me with the kinesiology majors. I sincerely doubt that the percentage of nursing students taking the MCAT have skewed the averages, or didn't you take statistics?

Don't ask for advice if you're not looking for it.

We are trying to explain why nurses have a tough time getting into med school. Clearly, you know everything already. Good luck. ;)

You know, there's a word for the difference btw. nurses and CNA's, and it's called "scope of practice." Learn it, use it, know it ;) That, and I've been a CNA for 3 years already. And I've got 2 years of volunteering in acute care. And semester after semester with more semesters of direct patient care before you even think about touching a patient.

And did I mention 3-4 years of nursing practice before even STARTING med school? Because if I didn't, now you know.

And did I mention 3-4 years of nursing practice before even STARTING med school? Because if I didn't, now you know.

eh, you're being a prick at this point, so I'm outta here. Yes, you can get in. Will it be difficult? Seems to be some people who think it could be. There's your advice. Enjoy nursing school.

Don't ask for advice if you're not looking for it.

We are trying to explain why nurses have a tough time getting into med school. Clearly, you know everything already. Good luck. ;)

I'm defensive because of the feelings I'm sensing. I've been told I'm causing a nursing shortage, that I shouldn't be taking up someone's spot in nursing school, that I'll have a low chance of getting in to med school, etc etc. I like discussing things and hearing people's points of view, though. I appreciate your responses. Hopefully you can appreciate where I'm coming from, though. As a nurse, there's an inherent power-struggle with Docs, and I'm getting the chance to see both sides of it, which is good for me. You might not like what I have to say, but in a lot of ways I represent the people you'll end up working with.

OP, apparently you are smarter than statistics and med school admissions committees about getting into medical school, so why bother asking us advice?

It seems the only reason is to be a smart ass and pretend to be a know-it-all.

If you don't want to be a nurse, don't be a nursing major. Simple as that. You can still work in a hospital. You can still be a CNA. You don't need a nursing degree or an RN after your name to experience both sides. Continue being a CNA. Shadow both doctors and nurses.

OP, apparently you are smarter than statistics and med school admissions committees about getting into medical school, so why bother asking us advice?

It seems the only reason is to be a smart ass and pretend to be a know-it-all.

If you don't want to be a nurse, don't be a nursing major. Simple as that. You can still work in a hospital. You can still be a CNA. You don't need a nursing degree or an RN after your name to experience both sides. Continue being a CNA. Shadow both doctors and nurses.

Whatever. I bring lots of valuable info to the clinical setting as a nurse, and whether or not you want to admit that it helps in an admissions decision is your prerogative. I think that med schools would appreciate the diversity, training, and point of view someone like me has to offer. Admissions decisions are tough enough. But in the end, who would you want taking care of you? Isn't it all about the patient?

I'm defensive because of the feelings I'm sensing. I've been told I'm causing a nursing shortage, that I shouldn't be taking up someone's spot in nursing school, that I'll have a low chance of getting in to med school, etc etc. I like discussing things and hearing people's points of view, though. I appreciate your responses. Hopefully you can appreciate where I'm coming from, though. As a nurse, there's an inherent power-struggle with Docs, and I'm getting the chance to see both sides of it, which is good for me. You might not like what I have to say, but in a lot of ways I represent the people you'll end up working with.

No one has said that about you specifically. They have said that they've heard that is the reasoning behind adcom decisions

There's no "inherent power struggle" between docs and nurses, each are professionals with their own scope of practice. Some docs are jerks to nurses. Some nurses are jerks to med students. Crap rolls downhill I guess. But if as a nurse you are in a 'power struggle' with a doc, then you need to go talk to your supervisor about the situation. The professional relationship specifies that the physician diagnoses and orders treatment. The nurse carries out treatment and cares for/monitors the patient. Exactly what struggle is there?

Finally, you are not a nurse yet. So quit acting like you are one and that you are somehow 'representing' nursing. You're a college student. Maybe you'll graduate with an RN. Maybe you won't. you'll know in 2 years.

At this point you're being unreasonable, so I am going to stay out of it and let you find out information for yourself.

You asked for advice, and you got it. Apparently, it wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear, so you are now angry. Well, tough. Everyone and their friend is pre-med, only a fraction of them end up applying, and only ~half (slightly less) of those that apply end up getting in. That is because it is not easy.

I wish you the best with all your nursing knowledge. Obviously, you already know how to be a doctor so much more than any of us, so maybe you don't even need to go to medical school. Good luck in the application process...if you have what it takes you'll get in.

As for the "power struggle" with doctors...well, let me phrase it this way. The doctor has at least 8 years of medical education, with a depth and breadth most nursing programs can only dream about. I leave it to anyone with common sense to decide who should win.

But in the end, who would you want taking care of you? Isn't it all about the patient?

I would want A DOCTOR to be taking care of me, thank you very much.

Goodbye.

No one has said that about you specifically. They have said that they've heard that is the reasoning behind adcom decisions

There's no "inherent power struggle" between docs and nurses, each are professionals with their own scope of practice. Some docs are jerks to nurses. Some nurses are jerks to med students. Crap rolls downhill I guess. But if as a nurse you are in a 'power struggle' with a doc, then you need to go talk to your supervisor about the situation. The professional relationship specifies that the physician diagnoses and orders treatment. The nurse carries out treatment and cares for/monitors the patient. Exactly what struggle is there?

Finally, you are not a nurse yet. So quit acting like you are one and that you are somehow 'representing' nursing. You're a college student. Maybe you'll graduate with an RN. Maybe you won't. you'll know in 2 years.

It's like I said: I'm going through with my decision to apply to med school after laboring away for many years as a nurse. Thanks for the reply, even if I have to sift through a bunch of BS like I'm fishing out a cracker jack prize. I respect you guys, really, I do. I can really empathize with you about how hard it is to go into med school without the experience that I'll have.

At this point you're being unreasonable, so I am going to stay out of it and let you find out information for yourself.

You asked for advice, and you got it. Apparently, it wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear, so you are now angry. Well, tough. Everyone and their friend is pre-med, only a fraction of them end up applying, and only ~half (slightly less) of those that apply end up getting in. That is because it is not easy.

I wish you the best with all your nursing knowledge. Obviously, you already know how to be a doctor so much more than any of us, so maybe you don't even need to go to medical school. Good luck in the application process...if you have what it takes you'll get in.

As for the "power struggle" with doctors...well, let me phrase it this way. The doctor has at least 8 years of medical education, with a depth and breadth most nursing programs can only dream about. I leave it to anyone with common sense to decide who should win.

I would want A DOCTOR to be taking care of me, thank you very much.

Goodbye.

Thanks for everything, I've been taking notes. Ever take a critical thinking test?

Thanks for everything, I've been taking notes. Ever take a critical thinking test?

Yeah, it was called the MCAT. I did well. Thanks for your concern.

It's because of the concern that I care ;)

Great, if that's the best you can come up with, I'm outta here. Back to med school books. :D

(1) you clearly took no thought to what anyone said
(2) clearly you think you know better than doctors and admission committees
(3) don't apply to any Ohio schools because I know for a fact that they do not like to admit nurses for above reasons (as I have spoken with people from the admission committees myself).
(4) regardless of your thoughts on nurses getting into medical school... it is easier to go from "pre-med" to nursing than it is to go from nursing to "pre-med"
(5) i have a feeling that a whole ton of us are going to be laughing our @$$es off at you when you don't get in :laugh:

Thanks all who replied. I'm a better person because of all this. hahahahah :thumbdown:

Thanks all who replied. I'm a better person because of all this. hahahahah :thumbdown:

if you make it to medical school, i honestly fear for any patient that has contact with you. heck, i hope you don't even make it through nursing school because you obviously have ZERO compassion or people skills. :mad:

Great, if that's the best you can come up with, I'm outta here. Back to med school books. :D

:sleep: My nursing diagnosis for you is: Disturbed personal identity related to webforum conflict as evidenced by distress about clinical inexperience and unfunny comebacks.

if you make it to medical school, i honestly fear for any patient that has contact with you. heck, i hope you don't even make it through nursing school because you obviously have ZERO compassion or people skills. :mad:

That was a pretty weak attempt to send some reality my way. You talk to your mother with that mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.