I'm an Econ major...( question about prereqs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tomatoking

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here. I have been lurking this forum for a while and decided to sign up.

Like the title says I'm an Economics major( sophomore). I've started to gain interest in getting my PharmD. My question is about fulfilling my pre reqs: Since I'm not a science major, I really don't think I can take more science classes than the prereqs require ( and graduate in 4 years). Will this put me at a disadvantage, since most people that apply I assume are science majors and have more science than just the pre reqs done?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm new here. I have been lurking this forum for a while and decided to sign up.

Like the title says I'm an Economics major( sophomore). I've started to gain interest in getting my PharmD. My question is about fulfilling my pre reqs: Since I'm not a science major, I really don't think I can take more science classes than the prereqs require ( and graduate in 4 years). Will this put me at a disadvantage, since most people that apply I assume are science majors and have more science than just the pre reqs done?

You won't be at a distinct disadvantage, no, and you'll be at an advantage over any students who do not have a bachelor's degree, regardless of discipline in which it was conferred.

I'm a business admin and it's taken me about five years to complete pre-reqs and classes for my degree. It kinda blows, but I'll have about 40 extra credits when I graduate in December

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

If you take classes during the summer you shoul be able to do both in 4 years (real dedication). Just look into the schools you're interested in pre-reqs and then what classes are available during summers. You may want to look into a community college too as they will typically offer these courses during the summer and nights.

Good luck!

You won't be at a distinct disadvantage, no, and you'll be at an advantage over any students who do not have a bachelor's degree, regardless of discipline in which it was conferred.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: spot on sci ^ ^

Hey!

If you take classes during the summer you shoul be able to do both in 4 years (real dedication). Just look into the schools you're interested in pre-reqs and then what classes are available during summers. You may want to look into a community college too as they will typically offer these courses during the summer and nights.

Good luck!

i couldn't agree with you anymore[much prefered route] ^ ^ if NOT though? i had mentioned this in a previous thread. but, PharmCAS, has awhole list of schools that shows all the prereq's needed for what ever school of your interest. so yeah, if you DO value your social life[:laugh:]. then, just continue finishing your major, for now and getting which ever science prereq's are availiable[orgo, bio, calc, and such]. then go back orrr if possible maybe cc[cheaper], would be a better means of
getting your remaining prereq's. THEN! once you've completed them ALL...? your good to go ^ ^ just remember a high GPA, high PCAT score ooh! and a few sweet ECs, is a must!!! other than that... good luck! tom :luck: