Im Canadian. Chance Me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lolrus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your ECs don't really line up with 'low-mid tier' MD programs. I say this because your ECs are research heavy, and not enough clinical/non-clinical hours. I don't think you can really target what schools to apply until you have your MCAT. I suggest from now to application, you up your volunteer hours, and rock the mcat.

Your ECs don't really line up with 'low-mid tier' MD programs. I say this because your ECs are research heavy, and not enough clinical/non-clinical hours. I don't think you can really target what schools to apply until you have your MCAT. I suggest from now to application, you up your volunteer hours, and rock the mcat.

Say I get get around 33 on the MCAT and add a few hours to my volunteering (these were already my goals this summer). How would that change my application.

Last edited:
Say I get get around 33 on the MCAT and add a few hours to my volunteering (these were already my goals this summer). How would that change my application.

Just looking at your ECs, your application appears to be centered around research. I'm not sure how you are going to express your passion towards clinical medicine (personal essay?) which are what low-mid tier schools look for. For high tiers and md/phds, your numbers (assuming 3.5/33) may be a little low. Apply early and broadly will increase your chances!