I'm In!! I'm In!! I'm In!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my acceptance from Touro MI!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I worked last night drawing blood and got off this morning at 5:30am, and have been up since waiting for the email. Just got the good word!

I'm living proof that anyone can do it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

mj1878 said:

I worked last night drawing blood and got off this morning at 5:30am, and have been up since waiting for the email. Just got the good word!

Good job, cheers.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D

What do you mean by that if you can do it anyone can? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS mj.. :clap: ....is that your top choice?? Are you going there for sure?

If I can do it anyone can because I had a lowish science GPA (2.8), and a not-so-hot first MCAT (24T) that I worked over the summer and raised to a 30P. I had no research, just a lot of volunteering and clubs, NO awards except dean's list a couple of times. Overall, I would say that I was a very average applicant.

For those still in the place I was in not thirty minutes ago, I just want to say that you're really cheating yourself if you give up now. I had to apply twice, and quite honestly MANY people did. For a very select few people, this process is nothing but a nuisance. For MOST of us, however, it is one of the most harrowing, stressful, isolating things to VOLUNTARILY subject yourself to, as many times as it takes. Yikes.

Best of luck to everyone!!! Wish I could have the night off of work, but I don't think that the other phlebotomist would appreciate that very much.

mj1878 said:
If I can do it anyone can because I had a lowish science GPA (2.8), and a not-so-hot first MCAT (24T) that I worked over the summer and raised to a 30P. I had no research, just a lot of volunteering and clubs, NO awards except dean's list a couple of times. Overall, I would say that I was a very average applicant.

For those still in the place I was in not thirty minutes ago, I just want to say that you're really cheating yourself if you give up now. I had to apply twice, and quite honestly MANY people did. For a very select few people, this process is nothing but a nuisance. For MOST of us, however, it is one of the most harrowing, stressful, isolating things to VOLUNTARILY subject yourself to, as many times as it takes. Yikes.

Best of luck to everyone!!! Wish I could have the night off of work, but I don't think that the other phlebotomist would appreciate that very much.

Wow, great improvement on your MCAT! :clap: :clap:

Congrats!!! :D :thumbup:

Good Stuff!!!!

GOOD JOB!!! Time to take it easy and have fun now til August :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind words, everyone! I'm so grateful to have found SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS :luck: :)

what were your reasons for choosing TUCOM-MI

mj1878 said:
Thanks for your kind words, everyone! I'm so grateful to have found SDN.

Congrats on your acceptance MJ! Hope to see you next year, e-mail me with any questions you encounter during your decision process... not sure if you know but I was your tour guide =)

MASTERSHAKE---

It's so hard to tell gender with screen names. Were you the female or the male tour guide? If you were the male, how did the anatomy block go for you?

Touro seems like a great place. Yes, it's easy to get scared whilst driving up to the campus, but once you're there, it's very nice. The library is awesome(especially compared to the Nevada campus) and there's a great feeling of community. Anatomy lab is world-class, and who can complain about a golf course right close to campus?

MASTERSHAKE--just FYI, I was the Korean applicant. Great meeting you!

Congratulations! I hope you have a great experience at Touro! I hope I can fare as well as you! I have an interview there on the 22nd!

MJ- The guy. And anatomy went really well, thanks! Even though no one gave me any hints on what was tagged...

Congratulation and that was one hell of a good improvement on your MCATs. 6 points is quite a bit. :thumbup:

Hi mj, congrats! I got in also, but it was SOOO stressful waiting all day. Is MI your top choice? I am going to accept there for sure, they have a great anatomy lab and the students and professors seem cool as well. Hope to see you next year!

Hey, congrats! See? Now you don't have to worry about Nevada's waitlist. I don't know if I was accepted or not to MI, I didn't ask for an email...but either way, I'll be a LECOMer.

Yay for you!

iwillbesoon said:
Hey, congrats! See? Now you don't have to worry about Nevada's waitlist. I don't know if I was accepted or not to MI, I didn't ask for an email...but either way, I'll be a LECOMer.

Yay for you!

Congrats on your acceptance to LECOM! I actually didn't think that I did that well in the interview. Oh well, huh?
Best of luck to you in the future!

mj1878 said:

BIG CONGRATS! I actually have my interview later on this month, and am extremely nervious. TOURO is my top choice. Is there any advice you can give me for the interview? I feel scared that ill be put on the waitlist :( or that I wont get accepted. :scared: THanks, and congrats, again!

MonaLisa555 said:
BIG CONGRATS! I actually have my interview later on this month, and am extremely nervious. TOURO is my top choice. Is there any advice you can give me for the interview? I feel scared that ill be put on the waitlist :( or that I wont get accepted. :scared: THanks, and congrats, again!

Go over the interview feedback, and RELAX. Dr. Haight makes the latter very very easy to do. Be interested in what the others are saying, and try to enjoy yourself. This is what you've been working for, but don't try to have that get in the way of trying to have a good time. Relish it. Good luck to you, and I hope to see you there! Let me know how it goes!

Well today is the day for the next round of interviewers (Nov. 21 - Nov. 28) to find out by email from Dr. Haight... :eek: I hope it is great news for everybody, myself included, but since I have a biochem test and work after I won't be able to check my email till LATE. So this should be another fun filled (ulcer-causing) day. GL again!

Congrats! And welcome to TUCOM.