I'm interning at CVS and my preceptor is hot, is this a good thing or bad thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Hue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No.

But, try as you might, you are probably going nowhere.

Some great threads are being made tonight. Very intelligent questions being asked

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a legitimate concern. If preceptors and interns are suppose to have a close relationship I could take this opportunity to bond with her.

It would be against policy--against the school policy of teachers fraternizing with students and against the work policy of supervisors fraternizing with subordinates. You risk failing your rotation by coming on to her (because do you really think she will risk her job to have a thing with you?) Although after your rotation was completed, it would be allowable for you to ask her out then (although most likely she will say no, so I'd recommend you save your time and ask out somebody else)

My preceptor is most likely going to be the pharmacy manager and she is fairly attractive, what kind of relationship do preceptors and interns usually have and would it be appropriate for me to be flirty with her?

The fact that you ask this question shows everyone on this board that you should NOT be taken seriously. If you don't understand why, you compound your problem. I suggest you look no further than our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln, while paraphrasing the Bible (Proverbs 17) said something you will need to learn:

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Reactions: 1 users
It would be against policy--against the school policy of teachers fraternizing with students and against the work policy of supervisors fraternizing with subordinates. You risk failing your rotation by coming on to her (because do you really think she will risk her job to have a thing with you?) Although after your rotation was completed, it would be allowable for you to ask her out then (although most likely she will say no, so I'd recommend you save your time and ask out somebody else)
My vote: hit it.

Reactions: 2 users
sounds like a pervert.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a hot preceptor on my amb care rotation, she was pretty flirty but I wasn't gonna risk going after it. I was nervous the whole rotation. One time we had to walk from the hospital to the school and it started raining en route. I didn't have an umbrella. She said "want to share my umbrella?" I went full ****** and said "uhhhhhh, I like the rain".

Reactions: 7 users
You shouldn't have a relationship during the rotation. It is against policy at every school. After the rotation, anything is possible.

I'm sure whining about breaks has made you very attractive to her.

If that's not hot enough, think about how you would feel if your intern is "flirty" with you and then takes "bathroom breaks" for 30 minutes. Hint: Probably pretty skeevy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I figure the more attractive ladies are more inclined to date someone equal or at higher standing. While I know some gentlemen pharmacists marrying a tech, I haven't seen the converse yet. Does anyone know of such a case?

Let's be honest, a tech/intern has almost no chance unless he is tall, dark and handsome.

I figure the more attractive ladies are more inclined to date someone equal or at higher standing. While I know some gentlemen pharmacists marrying a tech, I haven't seen the converse yet. Does anyone know of such a case?

Let's be honest, a tech/intern has almost no chance unless he is tall, dark and handsome.

And is willing to move anywhere for her, even to an Indian reservation.

My preceptor is most likely going to be the pharmacy manager and she is fairly attractive, what kind of relationship do preceptors and interns usually have and would it be appropriate for me to be flirty with her?

I recall reading on here a manager getting an intern pregnant or opposite way around. someone find that thread hahaha

My vote: hit it.

I have heard a story of an intern sleeping with multiple pharmacists on his P4 rotations. Surely he got all "As" since he nailed them all (his rotations ??) I saw the guy in person, he was super hot indeed.

if the OP is super hot, my vote is hit it too !! why the hell not ?? :) lol

the OP is full of interesting topics. I remember he was fancying about cars in the last thread....

I know of one case where a female pharmacist married a male tech. My lack of any more details should fill in some blanks...or just make you even more curious!

I know of one case where a female pharmacist married a male tech. My lack of any more details should fill in some blanks...or just make you even more curious!

wow... good job !! (I mean the tech) lol :)

She didn't know how good online dating is for females. I made a fake female profile in Brooklyn and I got 150 messages in less than 24 hours, inbox is full all the time I have to consistently delete messages... A lot of accomplished individuals (doctors, surgeons, techies, engineers, Wall Street guys) are looking to find a partner.

Screenshot%202014-09-05%2010.24.46.png

Screenshot%202014-09-05%2010.25.02.png

She didn't know how good online dating is for females. I made a fake female profile in Brooklyn and I got 150 messages in less than 24 hours, inbox is full all the time I have to consistently delete messages... A lot of accomplished individuals (doctors, surgeons, techies, engineers, Wall Street guys) are looking to find a partner.

Screenshot%202014-09-05%2010.24.46.png

Screenshot%202014-09-05%2010.25.02.png

How many of them are real wall street guys, doctors, techies?

And why the hell are you texting guys?

How many of them are real wall street guys, doctors, techies?

And why the hell are you texting guys?

Social experimentation. If you want to stand out, you have to know your competitors. I don't reply to any of the messages.

So what have you concluded from your "research"?

lol @ "You sound ****ing awesome. But you're ugly."

Social experimentation. If you want to stand out, you have to know your competitors. I don't reply to any of the messages.

Ummm yeah, so you make a fake profile (scammer), and you think you got a 150 real responses in 24 hours? I bet you are lucky if even 2 or 3 of those 150 responses were real and not scammers.

Of all the dating sites you use OKCupid, that's like the worst one.

For a free one, it's not bad at all. The community mods keep it nice and clean. It will flag fake profiles and remove them from the system. My first fake one got flagged because I stole the pic from public sites, a simple search by a member will catch me in the act, so I got banned lol. You can sort girls based on income, attractiveness level, what they are looking for (casual/friendship/short term dating/long term), body type, education.

Go to plentyofish for tons of uneducated suitors and high school grads. And crappy ability to search what you want. The quality of people here is much worse than okcupid.

Match and eharmony are decent, but you have to pay **** load of money. So you know the girls/guys have at least a job to sustain themselves, that tend to weed a lot of unemployed individuals.

lol @ "You sound ******* awesome. But you're ugly."

That's one of the many things you don't do online. That guy just committed suicide, what he does is called a neg. It's great to do in real life to bring down really attractive girl with bitch shield to your level, but not if it's done online. You never neg online on your first message ever. It will come off rude to the other person.

Aren't you a millionaire? I thought girls like rich guys?

You never neg online on your first message ever. It will come off rude to the other person.

No Way. Calling a girl ugly is rude? That's a real eye-opening social experiment you got there.

Aren't you a millionaire? I thought girls like rich guys?

Check out the last part ;-D Never reveal how much you have to a girl.

For a free one, it's not bad at all. The community mods keep it nice and clean. It will flag fake profiles and remove them from the system. My first fake one got flagged because I stole the pic from public sites, a simple search by a member will catch me in the act, so I got banned lol. You can sort girls based on income, attractiveness level, what they are looking for (casual/friendship/short term dating/long term), body type, education.

Go to plentyofish for tons of uneducated suitors and high school grads. And crappy ability to search what you want. The quality of people here is much worse than okcupid.

Match and eharmony are decent, but you have to pay **** load of money. So you know the girls/guys have at least a job to sustain themselves, that tend to weed a lot of unemployed individuals.

That's one of the many things you don't do online. That guy just committed suicide, what he does is called a neg. It's great to do in real life to bring down really attractive girl with bitch shield to your level, but not if it's done online. You never neg online on your first message ever. It will come off rude to the other person.

"fake stole scam"... no offense but I thought pharmacist is one of the most trusted professionals out there.... guess not.... hmmm :thinking::thinking:

"fake stole scam"... no offense but I thought pharmacist is one of the most trusted professionals out there.... guess not.... hmmm :thinking::thinking:

Why should I give a chit? LOL.

Why should I give a chit? LOL.

I bet you would never have a second thought doing those things... makes me think sometimes how much I should trust a doctor, nurse, or a pharmacist.... hmmm :thinking::thinking:

I bet you would never have a second thought doing those things... makes me think sometimes how much I should trust a doctor, nurse, or a pharmacist.... hmmm :thinking::thinking:
So not being 100% honest when trying to land a babe = professional misconduct? What you do away from work is your business, and a fish tale doesn't have anything to do with your profession.

Side note: If you're cross referencing her name with her rx profile whether or not she's on valacyclovir, that crosses a line.

So not being 100% honest when trying to land a babe = professional misconduct? What you do away from work is your business, and a fish tale doesn't have anything to do with your profession.

Side note: If you're cross referencing her name with her rx profile whether or not she's on valacyclovir, that crosses a line.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Whatever happened to integrity?

A long time ago when I was a pharmacy tech in a grocery chain store, I saw a MD got caught for stealing. Handcuffed in the office and that guy was panic and started calling for his attorney. (We did not know he was a MD until the police checked his ID). Do you think this incident could be separate from his professional conduct ?? If he got charged for theft (I did not know what happened afterward), do you think the state board of medicine should or should not discipline that doctor ?? Do you think that is a separate matter from his personal life which has no affect on his professional conduct ??

Another example, drunk driving. If a health professional got caught drunk driving, what do you think should happen to that person ??

Another one, I saw on TV a long while ago about a investigation story of child prostitution/trafficking in Southeast Asia (e.g. Thailand). The reporter befriended with a guy on a plane on the way flying to SE Asia. That "friend" told him that he was a MD and a chair of some department of medicine at some hospital in the Midwest. He told the reporter that he was on his vacation and flew out looking for "fun" and told the reporter not to go to Thailand but to Cambodia because he could have unlimited "fun" with those children there (some were as young as 2-3 years old). That doctor then took the reporter there, but the reporter called the local authority ahead to organize a rescue for those children and capture those criminals. The doctor escaped and safely returned to the US.... But the thing is, the reporter and his crew got everything on film.... I remember the last scene when the reporter and his crew confronted the doctor at his parking at the hospital, and the doc was running away....

Now tell me if you think this could be only a thing belonging to his personal life (he after all was on vacation and not working and also on foreign soil doing all those things) which has nothing to do with his professional life ??

Oh, I forgot... anyone remember those Chris Hansen's "Catch a Predator" TV shows (where they features a ton of people getting caught including doctors, lawyers, engineers, even church ministers and rabbis...) ?? (which I think Momus would have a very high chance of getting caught there if those shows were still continued lol jk).

I give you that lying to get a "babe" here is not a crime. When a street person is lying to you or you see that person lying to another person, would you trust that person ?? I would not. Let alone a health professional who belongs to one of the "most trusted professions" in the country, who should be held to higher standards.

this is a "gray" area that you can argue both way. IMHO you cannot switch your personality or conduct that easily, i.e. you will always be yourself. Even if you can switch your "personalities", personally I do not like to deal with 2 face people.

Anyway, answers like yours and others like you here give me more reasons to not trust anyone (including doctors, nurses, or pharmacists) but myself. I have seen too many "professionals" with this "babe" thing already... not to mention having seen many health professionals lying out of their a$$e$ to try to "maximize their insurance? compensations" (you know what, I think one of the reasons that pharmacy and nursing were voted one of the most trusted professions because they can't do this "maximize" thing easily like other health professions.... but the public probably did not know that).... enough for me to always look out for myself.

Sorry for the long post.... you do not have to read... lol :)

Last edited:
A long time ago
Sorry for the long post.... you do not have to read... lol :)
How many speeding tickets does your PCP have? Speeding is reckless, endangers the general public, and is often the result of not planning ahead, which implies poor decision making. Wouldn't want someone with those qualities to be in charge of my care. If they have ANY tickets, you should find a new doc immediately.

In all seriousness, breaking the law is breaking the law, and should be punished accordingly. If you're stealing/raping/murdering, you shouldn't be out in public, no matter what your career is. If you're double billing insurances, shorting pills, skimming narcs, you shouldn't be in pharmacy. If you miss Sunday Mass, yell at your kids, are a bad tipper, and sleep around, I don't give a damn.

How many speeding tickets does your PCP have? Speeding is reckless, endangers the general public, and is often the result of not planning ahead, which implies poor decision making. Wouldn't want someone with those qualities to be in charge of my care. If they have ANY tickets, you should find a new doc immediately.

In all seriousness, breaking the law is breaking the law, and should be punished accordingly. If you're stealing/raping/murdering, you shouldn't be out in public, no matter what your career is. If you're double billing insurances, shorting pills, skimming narcs, you shouldn't be in pharmacy. If you miss Sunday Mass, yell at your kids, are a bad tipper, and sleep around, I don't give a damn.

my point is, these days after seeing so many bad examples and questionable characters, I do not know who to trust anymore....