I'm making a practice exam for comps/praxis.. Who wants to help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dustbug10

Year IV
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been using an online test maker to create a practice exam to use in preparation for comprehensive exams and the Praxis. I was thinking that it would be a good idea to allow other students to add to the practice test. Basically, contributors could login to the account and add questions for topics that they feel they need the most work on. After a week or more, the result would be a larger practice test covering a lot of topics that we could use as a study aid. I have uploaded my own Q's from Acoustics/Psychoacoustics as of now.. The test maker allows for multiple choice, short answer/essay, matching, true/false, and fill in the blank. It does not have the capability to use label diagrams, though you can download the test in Word format and add your own if you see fit. If you are interested in contributing, send a PM my way and I'll send the info needed to access the test. The more contributors we have, the bigger and broader the practice test.

It is important to note that students who have already taken comps or Praxis should not participate in this. In my program, students are required to sign an agreement stating that we will not share information or material from comprehensive exams after taking it. I'm not sure if the Praxis is similar, but best to be safe in my opinion.. This would be a study aid for those of us who benefit from using practice tests, not a cheat/hint sheet.. Any suggestions are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PM me the info.

Sounds like a great idea!

Crystal

Good to have you aboard, Crystal. I think this will be a good thing. At the very least, students in the future will have some sort of practice material to work with as a result of what we put together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome idea. Let me know how I can help.