i'm so so confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kixkris

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on submitting my PharmCAS application in June 2009 (this is when the website first opens for 2009). So does that mean I will be applying for the Class of 2009 or Class of 2010?
When should I take the PCAT? I was thinking of taking the June 2008 PCAT of this year, but since this is a year before I even apply, will the schools still consider these scores? Should I take it a little later (say... August 08, Oct 08, or Jan 09)?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

they will consider it if you take it early. You alway apply one year early. So if you apply june 2009 you are applying for fall 2010.

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on submitting my PharmCAS application in June 2009 (this is when the website first opens for 2009). So does that mean I will be applying for the Class of 2009 or Class of 2010?
When should I take the PCAT? I was thinking of taking the June 2008 PCAT of this year, but since this is a year before I even apply, will the schools still consider these scores? Should I take it a little later (say... August 08, Oct 08, or Jan 09)?

Thanks!!

If you submit in June 2009 it means you are applying for Fall 2010. You will then be in the Class of 2014.

With regards to PCAT, have you taken the courses necessary to do well in it (ie bio I&II, microbio, gen chem, organic I, calculus, stat,etc)? If you did, I think its fine if you want to take it in June or August this year. Most schools accept PCAT scores that are only a year old.

I'm am very confused... Please help me out here. :)

So I am planning on applying in June of 2009 (i am aware that this is when the PharmCAS site first opens... i want to apply AS SOON AS I CAN )... does this mean that I will be entering in the class of 2009 or 2010? (i think 2010 ???)

Also, would it be okay if I take the PCAT this June (2008)... would it be too early when I will be applying next June? Will pharmacy schools still look at these scores? or should i just take it later? (Aug, Oct 08, Jan 09, Jun 09.. though i don't want to wait until June 09 to take it).

Thanks! :)