Menu Icon Search
Close Search

I'm worried that SGU is stringing me along

Discussion in 'Saint George's University Forum (Sponsored)' started by zut212, 01.19.11.

1. zut212

zut212

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have an interview with SGU pending that I register for "3 or 4 upper or graduate level biomedical science classes." Moreover, "although an interview will be conducted for the School of Medicine, your file may also be considered for the Charter Foundation Program."

However, I got word from another person within the Ad-Com section of the school contradicting my initial message. This person states that I should take at least 4 graduate courses (NOT "3 or 4 upper classes" but "4 graduate courses").

I am frankly very concerned that I am being strung around by SGU. I am already making a BIG sacrifice in signing up for 9-10 credits of upper level biomedical science courses, and I quit my full-time job in order to do so. I'm doing this for an interview to attend SGU medical school in August - and NOT THE CHARTER FOUNDATION PROGRAM IN JANUARY '12!

Moreover, they seem to be increasing the level and amount of courses I need just for an INTERVIEW at that school.

Should I be concerned? What are your thoughts/opinions/suggestions?
  2. Richardh

Richardh

SDN 2+ Year Member
    E-mail or call the head of the admissions at SGU and ask what is exactly your status or chance of gaining admission to the school. I don't think anything is conclusive or what are the requirements until you talk to one of the officials?
  3. ynsp

ynsp

what are your stats? (bcpm gpa?cumulative gpa? mcat scores?)

your situation is weird, i don't know what to tell you...

in my interview invite letter back in november it suggested i take "3 or 4 upper or graduate level biomedical science classes" in order to enhance my candidacy. i spoke with admissions soon after and they told me to plan on taking courses but not to sign up for anything yet. i interviewed in december and was accepted about a week after my interview. so much for the 3-4 classes... i was really worried in the meantime i was going to have to take those courses, but in the end they just let me in for aug 2011....

hope things work out for you
  4. GSPstudent

GSPstudent

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Is there an option to decline the recommendations and let your application go through as is?? If so you may want to try!

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal