IMG ENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMG-ENT

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am IMG-ENT (residency graduate 2009), became instructor for over one half year then started independent practice as consultant in a tertiary care hospital, have 15 peer and non peer reviewed publication and over six years of post residency ENT experience. What are the chance for me here in US (fellowship/residency) if I go for step1 and rest exams.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to get in touch with someone who has already accomplished your path. Maybe you will get a response through SDN. It would help to know what country you are in, currently. Or, look for faculty at US institutions from your current country. Or, as you are well published, contact fellow authors about connections with US ENT programs. There are likely several hurdles, but I don't know what they are in your situation .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using SDN mobile

Hi, I am IMG-ENT (residency graduate 2009), became instructor for over one half year then started independent practice as consultant in a tertiary care hospital, have 15 peer and non peer reviewed publication and over six years of post residency ENT experience. What are the chance for me here in US (fellowship/residency) if I go for step1 and rest exams.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The 3 IMGs I know that matched did research for a couple years at the institution where they matched. It's probably the only real way to match.

Honestly, the fact that you have already finished an ENT residency is probably more a negative than a positive when applying.

Reactions: 1 user