Immunization issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shutterfly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a problem. I am a pharmacist who is immunization licensed in MD. However I took the APHA course in Jan 2012. I got an offer I really wanted for PA however their laws require the APHA course to be within 2 years of the date the app is submitted. Do you think the Major Chain offer the course often (anyone do this?) or do you think I have to look for my own training. The only issue is there doesn't seem to be many approved APHA courses for immunizing available right now..... Anyone else have this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I took the course through CVS 3 times.

Our state doesn't require it be renewed, but CVS did offer the APhA course to pharmacists. In fact, I think it was a requirement within a certain time period.

Members don't see this ad :)
do the big chains offer the course often? or is it kinda right before the new grads come and flu season kicks it. I think i have to suck it up and pay the 350 and travel 90 miles to take the course. I hate PA. why the heck when ur applying for an immunization license and you already have one from another state...it doesn't just transfer over!!!!

do the big chains offer the course often? or is it kinda right before the new grads come and flu season kicks it. I think i have to suck it up and pay the 350 and travel 90 miles to take the course. I hate PA. why the heck when ur applying for an immunization license and you already have one from another state...it doesn't just transfer over!!!!

You should contact the State Board Directly. You are reciprocating your regular license so you in theory should also be able to reciprocate your injectable license.

You should contact the State Board Directly. You are reciprocating your regular license so you in theory should also be able to reciprocate your injectable license.

hmm ok i will call again. i called the first time and they said absolutely not but I talked to whoever was manning the desk

hmm ok i will call again. i called the first time and they said absolutely not but I talked to whoever was manning the desk
Just ask if they reciprocate immunization licenses from other states as well as the standard license. You don't have to take the Nabplex again?

Just ask if they reciprocate immunization licenses from other states as well as the standard license. You don't have to take the Nabplex again?
Some states don't have "immunization licenses" so it's not really the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user
jeez what states don't require immunization licenses. that sounds like what all states should do.

jeez what states don't require immunization licenses. that sounds like what all states should do.
MA requires training, but they trust you to do it. They don't keep track.

Similarly TN requires that you have done the APhA course, but only enforces it through retrospective audit. In other words, if you get caught immunizing without it, you are in trouble.

Similarly TN requires that you have done the APhA course, but only enforces it through retrospective audit. In other words, if you get caught immunizing without it, you are in trouble.

you should never eff with the boards lol- if you get caught there goes your license.

This is the first that I've heard of an immunization license. IL does not have them, only the requirement that people have passed the APHA course.