Imp notice about sept MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patelk5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing on the net and I stepped upon this on the princeton review website:

September 2007 MCAT Scores

Some medical schools have said they will not accept scores from the September 2007 administration of the MCAT for students looking to enroll the following year.

If you're planning on taking the September 2007 exam, please contact the schools you're applying to and find out if they are implementing a policy to not accept September scores for fall 2008 admission.

Below is a list we started to chart which schools will not accept scores from the September test.

Albany Medical College
Columbia University
University of California, Davis
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Utah
Virginia Commonwealth University

Members don't see this ad.

You know it is not fair to the students who have been planning on taking this test for a long time, and NOW med schools are starting to say they won't take the Sept. MCAT. YOU ARE THE MEDICAL SCHOOL!! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD US ABOUT THIS BEFORE THIS CYCLE EVEN BEGAN! :mad: Oh well, only one of my schools is on the list...

I mean ever heard of organization?? Like possibly updating your website's before the middle of the freakin' cycle??

/End Rant

You know it is not fair to the students who have been planning on taking this test for a long time, and NOW med schools are starting to say they won't take the Sept. MCAT. YOU ARE THE MEDICAL SCHOOL!! YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD US ABOUT THIS BEFORE THIS CYCLE EVEN BEGAN! :mad: Oh well, only one of my schools is on the list...

I mean ever heard of organization?? Like possibly updating your website's before the middle of the freakin' cycle??

/End Rant

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/sept2007acceptance.htm

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just browsing on the net and I stepped upon this on the princeton review website:

September 2007 MCAT Scores

Some medical schools have said they will not accept scores from the September 2007 administration of the MCAT for students looking to enroll the following year.

If you're planning on taking the September 2007 exam, please contact the schools you're applying to and find out if they are implementing a policy to not accept September scores for fall 2008 admission.

Below is a list we started to chart which schools will not accept scores from the September test.

Albany Medical College
Columbia University
University of California, Davis
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Utah
Virginia Commonwealth University
Why sept 2007 MCAT not valid?

Why sept 2007 MCAT not valid?

Because it's five years old. Most schools would limit it to three years between taking the test and matriculation/application.

BTW: If you need to post pad, there is a thread about that in the Lounge...