Impact of doing informal postbacc at 3 different places on DO application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ailleurs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I went to Tufts near Boston for undergrad, but for gpa repair post-undergrad I went to Harvard Ext. School initially. I then moved back to NYC to be closer to my parents and younger sibling. I wanted to continue there so I continued my informal postbacc at Queens College (CUNY). Science classes were not that numerous and most I had retaken already at Harvard Ext., so I transferred to Hunter College (Another CUNY). I will stay there until I apply.

Will this affect me negatively? I feel that I have valid reasons, but I can see that it might imply an inability to stay focused or have good foresight? Thanks!

I was not sure whether to post here or over at the Pre-DO forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I went to Tufts near Boston for undergrad, but for gpa repair post-undergrad I went to Harvard Ext. School initially. I then moved back to NYC to be closer to my parents and younger sibling. I wanted to continue there so I continued my informal postbacc at Queens College (CUNY). Science classes were not that numerous and most I had retaken already at Harvard Ext., so I transferred to Hunter College (Another CUNY). I will stay there until I apply.

Will this affect me negatively? I feel that I have valid reasons, but I can see that it might imply an inability to stay focused or have good foresight? Thanks!

I was not sure whether to post here or over at the Pre-DO forum.
It definitely shows poor foresight - especially the enrolling at Queens and then switching to Hunter. You should have spent a little more time thinking/looking about that one.

It won't effect you negatively but pay a little more attention to the details in the future.

Thanks for your honest input!