Imperial / Liverpool / Bristol / GKT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eastofnorth

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After a couple months of intense research, I am very happy to have three solid picks for UK schools. In fact, I'm extremely excited about the faculty at Imperial. Depending on how I like London and the area when I visit, it may end up being my first choice of all medical schools (including US). If any forum member attends one of the following schools, please speak up with your experiences:

Imperial
Liverpool
Bristol
GKT

It's hard for me to seriously consider Irish schools now that I've learned more about British ones. I think the emphasis on research in the above four schools makes them particularly appealing. I really wanted to keep a Scottish uni on the list, but they were the weakest links in the fields I'm experienced and interested in. :( :(

So, if alls well that ends well, I will be applying next fall for 2007 matriculation (4 and 5 year programs) while taking a post-bacc program in the philadelphia area. =) Very exciting!

Members don't see this ad.

It's official! I'm traveling to England end of March to visit above-mentioned schools. Very excited! I'll let y'all know if I have anything to report and will try to post some fotos (or at least link to them). Mostly the trip is to try England on for size, since I'm considering staying there, so I won't have too much specific information on the schools to share. But I'll be happy to talk about my experiences with locals and students in each city!