Implant Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kam1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any programs that offer a one year Implant Fellowship ?
Thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda University... Dr. Lozada is the program director (a past president of AAID), there is a 1 year fellowship or a 3 year residency program. It is an excellent program.

Southern Illinois has a great one...two of my former co residents did it and really liked it...placed and restored many many implants

I have no numbers but you should def look into it

What type of residency did they complete prior to implant?

Southern Illinois has a great one...two of my former co residents did it and really liked it...placed and restored many many implants

I have no numbers but you should def look into it

UCLA, LLU?, Temple?

Loma Linda University... Dr. Lozada is the program director (a past president of AAID), there is a 1 year fellowship or a 3 year residency program. It is an excellent program.

Thank you !

@apex locator - did you attend the implant fellowship, externship, or internship at Loma Linda University ?

it's an excellent program. it's also very difficult to get into.

if one has finished a maxilloprosth residency or some other surgically and restorative extensive postgrad residency he has a good chance of getting into that LLU program.

if one has finished a maxilloprosth residency or some other surgically and restorative extensive postgrad residency he has a good chance of getting into that LLU program.

Who has more info on LLU? I might be in a good financial shape after residency would be interested in 1 year of implants only if it was worth delaying the salary.

GPR not a specialty for me

And apex locator is endo at LLU in July

There are two at UNC for folks who've finished a pros residency, one sponsored by Straumann and one by Astra.

Thank you to all of you....

I attended the Implant MAXICourse at LLUSD, it is a 10 month program, 2 days each month, open to any dentist who pays the tuition.

Each month there are lectures from various people (US and International) on all topics related to implant dentistry ranging from surgery to restoration. There is literature to review as well. Each month there is at least 1 surgery that is seen live in the lecture hall. Anyone in the class can do the surgery, first they present the case and the class discusses all the relevant issues. The more ambitious students will place several implants during the course. I did not place any but I think it is very helpful for restoring dentists to understand the surgical aspects of implant dentistry.

Thank you !

@apex locator - did you attend the implant fellowship, externship, or internship at Loma Linda University ?