Implant prices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinustarsi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know where I can find the cost of implants by company such as Biomet, Arthrex, wright for screws, plates and anchors? Most reps don't like putting the prices when we sign for implants after the case. I hope there is a website that shows us the price. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Prices for implants can vary based on where the case is being performed. The best place to ask is probably not the rep, but asking the OR manager or whoever is in charge of products at the hospital or surgery center. I don't think you'll find a website with prices.

Interesting side note, I talked to a rep for a company that makes nitinol staples among other things and he tells me that since his staple and another staple are both on the shelf at the hospital I am at, I shouldn't worry about price. "They're probably about the same" he says. The next day I am about to do a case using his staple and the OR manager tells me to give my attending the price comparison he had asked for a few weeks prior. I looked at the cost of the 2 staples and one was something like $350 and the other was something like $650. Yeah, not quite the same.