Important Info....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PICK ONE....

• 4.0 GPA from AVG school with 27 MCAT

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • 3.4 GPA from AVG school with 36 MCAT

Votes: 130 86.7%

• Total voters

OneStrongBro

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This information if for future PRE-Meds so please participate and reply. PLEASE ASSUME EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL i.e. extracurricular activities, biology major, letter of recommendation etc....

THIS post should enlighten pre-meders on what is important.

Also, if you have some inside scoop from ADCOM's please post as this will help out FUTURE PreMEDS.

Members don't see this ad.

are we supposed to pick what we would prefer to have?

Members don't see this ad :)
How much the GPA is weighed will depend on the person's major and the number of hard science classes taken. Also, the term "Average Undergrad" is rather broad.

A high MCAT score certainly has its advantage b/c it's more standardized. But when it's inconsistent with grades throughout the college years, I think it'll cast a doubt on the applicant's abilities to handle courses in med school

Why are none of your polls even remotely close in terms of results?

observational bias....self fulfilling prophesy.....skewed form of questioning....

Originally posted by OneStrongBro
observational bias....self fulfilling prophesy.....skewed form of questioning....

or the poll is just plain stupid

I don't get why you'd even make this poll if you're posting about how difficult medical school is in a difficult thread.... and being pretty damn belligerent about it as well!

Do I SPOT another TROLL?

(lovin' the caps thing)

Originally posted by OneStrongBro

The thing is, it doesnt need to be a poll. The answers to each of your questions is fairly obvious.

OneStrongBro isnt a troll, he's just overzealous in posting polls that seem to have relatively unequal options.

I picked the 4.00 GPA but then again as a Canadian... our GPA is weighed WAY MORE heavily than the MCAT for MD admissions!

Than again.... I would only choose this scenerio if I got a least 8's in every single section... ie: no 5 in one section and 11 in others... if you have a 27 it should be 'equally' distributed... otherwise you're screwed.

Originally posted by Supadupafly
bump

Why are you bumping this fairly worthless thread?

Damnit! Bump I say!

:D

Quick someone start a new thread. Topic: Is this poll really ghey or what?