Important things to do P3 year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amicable Angora

Lagomorpha
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there things that you would recommend looking into/doing P3 year? Or a general timeline to suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have an internship?

Are there things that you would recommend looking into/doing P3 year? Or a general timeline to suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on what your goals are. What do you want to do after you graduate?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's great. I have no complaints.

Depends on what your goals are. What do you want to do after you graduate?

I would like to put myself in the situation where I don't exclude myself from having any options, so pretty much the whole gamut, and yes I have an internship ongoing.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a job, great! If not, no worries, there's plenty of time throughout the years. Start looking though, because working will help later. If it's hard to find a job in your neighborhood, try volunteer work at a hospital. Join clubs and professional organizations. Good luck!

You can't work and do your hospital rotations at the same time.

True with some needed clarifications. Please clarify with your school because my school allowed like this:
4 days of non-paid hours for rotation. Hours are counted strictly for rotation only. I can not earn money for these hours. 10 hours each day for 4 days equals 40 hours of non-paid rotation.

plus

1 day of paid hours. Hours are counted strictly for non-rotation only.

5 days a week. Got some hours for rotation and got some hours for earning money.

School did not allow more hours because they wanted us to rest and recover for 2 days.

Plan out your rotations and P4 year and prep for residency or any other desired education after pharm school.

What makes for good rotations and residency choices? I've heard that all residencies (accredited) are equal, but that sounds like what people say about all pharmacy schools being equal...

What makes for good rotations and residency choices? I've heard that all residencies (accredited) are equal, but that sounds like what people say about all pharmacy schools being equal...

You'll want to try and plan rotations around doing interviews in January/February and submitting applications and required materials by the deadline (December I believe). If you want to do clinical pharm many residency directors from what I've been told like to see that you've done your internal medicine rotation prior to the interview to know what you're signing up for. It also helps to try and get APPE's in areas of interest. Although I know schools all do APPE selection differently and for some it's a lottery.

You'll want to check which residencies are accredited by ASHP. They list all the accredited residencies on their page here http://accred.ashp.org/aps/pages/directory/residencyProgramSearch.aspx

I believe in order to get the BCPS certification through residency training it needs to be ASHP accredited.

Reactions: 1 user