Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Improve PCAT reading comprehension

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by tttt14, 05.16.12.

1. Thanks to PCAT Destroyer

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. tttt14

tttt14

Pre-Pharmacy

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello,

Does any of you guys have advice to improve reading comprehension section? my score was horrible and I need to find some quick method to improve it before my July test coming up. I'm going to try to read as many books as I can before then, but other than that, is there any specific type of practice test i should buy to practice it? Thanks. :)
  2. smercer

smercer

Pre-Pharmacy
    Reading books will probably not help too much, though reading is never a bad hobby. When you are reading the book it is a story consisting of a thought process and dialog. Reading scientific articles and such would be a better use of time. This is due to the fact that the articles are typically short, raise a question/stance on a subject, and present facts for the reader to take in. This is what the reading comp. part of the PCAT is trying to do. They create a few paragraphs that will rasie questions, present facts, and determine how well you are able to use that information to understand the point of the text.
  3. sarah1234

sarah1234

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    smercer might be right.
  4. Kale14

Kale14

.Please help I am retaking the PCAT in September and I really need to work on reading comprehension section. Please and please give advice on how to do well on the section. Please include your score on this section.
  5. City Boy

City Boy

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes this section is the hardest do anyone think if mcat passages 101 will be helpful

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal