Improving my mcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some good feedback!! I have taken the mcat 3 times (2 on the old scale). No matter what I try, I cannot seem to score over a 22 on the old scale. I was taking the NS fls and made 500-506 on all of them. But when I took the mcat last month, I made a 495. I don't need help with the material itself. I have a disconnect when it comes to reading the passages and choosing the best answer. I know reasoning within and beyond the text are very important. If anyone knows any resources that can help me bridge this disconnect please post. I have already filled out my DO application, so I am going to go ahead and apply. But I want to start studying to take the January 2017.

I know I am in quite a predicament with these scores. If you have a negative comment keep it to yourself. I have no time for it. I am looking for advice and help. If you cannot assist with either please resist the urge to post.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are serious about continuing, I recommend you get a private MCAT tutor. The individual attention will be most beneficial to you, as it is not content that you have a problem with.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are serious about continuing, I recommend you get a private MCAT tutor. The individual attention will be most beneficial to you, as it is not content that you have a problem with.
I wish I could afford one. I work full time and all the money is used for study materials, practice test, applications and taking the real test

I wish I could afford one. I work full time and all the money is used for study materials, practice test, applications and taking the real test
If you know the material, a few sessions might be enough. Alternately there are people who strictly do test taking methods, not MCAT specific. Some of them are therapists, so yoru insurance might cover it.

What was your act or sat score? This is to gauge your test prep skills in hs and how we can help u improve them now.

What was your act or sat score? This is to gauge your test prep skills in hs and how we can help u improve them now.
Well, I am 30 yrs old. I have no idea what my act score was. It got me into UAB undergrad that's all I remember. Let's just say I wasn't the best student I could be until I figured out what I wanted to do for a living.