In need of advice and words of encouragement!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveJones

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am just going to give some background on myself so that way I can get the best advice as possible.

Background: I am 25 years old, prior military, and stationed overseas with my husband and children (ages 4 and 2) I am currently in my senior year of my undergrad majoring in Psychology with a current 3.48 GPA and a sGPA 3.78. I plan on getting my GPA over a 3.7 I really want to get into medical school and will retake as many classes as I need to so I can get a competitive GPA. I also need to take Orgo 1 and 2 as well as Physics 1 and 2 and I plan on taking them online! I am volunteering with the RedCross as a medical assistant and plan on doing so until we return to the states late 2017 or Jan 2018.

What other extra curricular activities should I get into to be more competitive? Should I try to do a mission trip while overseas?

When should I start studying for the MCAT? I really want to be applying to medical school in 2018 is that reasonable?

What schools other that UNECOM can I take my remaining prerequisites online at? I am also considering taking Biochem and a Calculus course!

What study materials should I get! I really want to do great (as I am sure everyone does lol) I am willing to spend as much as possible to ensure that I do good on the MCAT)

What else do I need to know about the process?

Please share your pre-med stories I really need help? Being overseas there is no pre-med advisor and I don't have any friends that are planning to go this route!

With me being 25 now and about 10 months away from completing my undergrad do you think it is possible for me to get into med school at 28. I am considering the remaining courses that I have to take plus the MCAT?

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone!

I am just going to give some background on myself so that way I can get the best advice as possible.

Background: I am 25 years old, prior military, and stationed overseas with my husband and children (ages 4 and 2) I am currently in my senior year of my undergrad majoring in Psychology with a current 3.48 GPA and a sGPA 3.78. I plan on getting my GPA over a 3.7 I really want to get into medical school and will retake as many classes as I need to so I can get a competitive GPA. I also need to take Orgo 1 and 2 as well as Physics 1 and 2 and I plan on taking them online! I am volunteering with the RedCross as a medical assistant and plan on doing so until we return to the states late 2017 or Jan 2018.

What other extra curricular activities should I get into to be more competitive? Should I try to do a mission trip while overseas?

When should I start studying for the MCAT? I really want to be applying to medical school in 2018 is that reasonable?

What schools other that UNECOM can I take my remaining prerequisites online at? I am also considering taking Biochem and a Calculus course!

What study materials should I get! I really want to do great (as I am sure everyone does lol) I am willing to spend as much as possible to ensure that I do good on the MCAT)

What else do I need to know about the process?

Please share your pre-med stories I really need help? Being overseas there is no pre-med advisor and I don't have any friends that are planning to go this route!

With me being 25 now and about 10 months away from completing my undergrad do you think it is possible for me to get into med school at 28. I am considering the remaining courses that I have to take plus the MCAT?

Thank You!

Hey anything is possible!! You got this. Keep volunteering with the RedCross. Maybe working with the Fisher House or the Youth Programs could make your application more competitive. I would start studying about 8 mos out. With little humans there will be days when you don't have the time or energy to look at MCAT materials. Colorado State has a lot of online science courses. The problem you run into is that many, many schools will not take pre-reqs that have been completed online. They want you brick and mortar. I like Leah4Sci and ExamKrackers.