In need of advice (retaking the MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful02

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!! Hoping someone can help me out a little here, although I'm sure this question and many others similar to it have come up umpteen times.

Here's the deal: I took the August 2002 MCAT for the first time, just after graduation (currently completing a Master's right now), and got a 28 (11VR, 9BS, 8PS,writing sample S). [My PS score would probably be at least one point higher were it not for an INCREDIBLY *****ic thing I did on the exam: namely, forgetting to fill in the last 8 or 18 bubbles (have no idea how many) that I answered (and only realized it one second before I had to hand the test in).]

Anyway, that's a little irrelevant, but my main question is, what materials would you recommend? My main problem is that I completed all of AAMC tests III, IV, V, and VI, and I fear that it would be a bit useless to retake tests that I've already done. I actually still have them saved on my computer, because I took the full AAMC MCAT Practice Online membership program. My main practice book was an old Kaplan Comprehensive Review, 1999. I was happy with that book, and the AAMC tests, but now I'm wondering how I should approach it now. (I am aware that the content and structure for the 2003 MCAT has been altered slightly.)

I'm wondering which "practice book" you guys would recommend most (and why): TPR, Examkrackers, Kaplan, other? And also, what full-length practice exams would you recommend the most, taking into account the fact that I've already completed the AAMC tests?

(I'm not planning on taking a review course, because of the time and expense involved, and I don't really think it would be of much help to me.)

Sorry for the wordiness! Thanks very much in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's useless to re-do the AAMC tests. I did that for my second round, and I think it helped a ton. Also, look for other practice tests in addition. I think TPR verbal is the best out there, although I have no experience with examrackers. I felt Kaplan was not so good on verbal, probably better for the sciences.
And don't forget to bubble fast!!! :)

Hey Shriva Kapoor:

Don't you L Ron Hubbard people ever learn? Your cult just doesn't fly with most premeds. This just smells of a scam. If you can't simply state what is good about the program, then why should anyone take you seriously?

I think that before anyone e-mails you, they probably want to click here to see that you have been warned before not to try this tactic.

They might want to also see that you are trying sell another course, but that got shut down too. They could click here too to see that you just don't learn what is against the SDN rules. I'm curious though... what did you learn in that course, because after having been asked not to do this twice, you just don't understand that advertising for shady businesses is not welcomed here?

Anyway, happy New Year's Eve to you. Maybe you can post about your program on the next holiday too. See ya then!

I am a retaker, now a 3rd time for this april, and i have now gotten the Princeton review science review, their verbal review. and EK stuff.. all of it and hte AAMC stuff. I did the AAMC stuff already and well as kaplan so im going to do it again as well as EK.. good luck, im sure ull be fine if ur physics score was only a matter of u not bubbling, ur verbal score is great.. youll be sooo fine. good luck!