In need of Advice -- What are my Chances???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greywolf6083

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are competitive for any DO school with your stats. For MD schools your best chances are your Michigan schools including Central Michigan, Wayne State, Michigan State, Western Michigan and Oakland Beaumont. You could also try a few OOS MD schools such as Toledo, Medical College Wisconsin, Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, Quinnipiac, New York Medical College, Drexel, Temple and Jefferson.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend:

Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
WVU
Rosy Franklin
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
NYMC
VCU
U VM
Oakland-B
Western MI
Central MI
MSU
Wayne State
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Netter

Any DO school, starting with MSUCOM, MUCOM and CCOM. I can't recommend Touro-NY, LUCOM or Wm Carey, for different reasons

Any input is greatly appreciated!

My info:
Michigan resident
I am a varsity student athlete at a top 5 public university
Have a 3.7 Cum, 3.57 Science
506 MCAT (73rd %ile) - C/P: 129, CARS: 124, B/B: 126, P/S: 127
Have 200+ Hours of Shadowing, 100 Hours of Research
Looking to take a year off in order to gain more Clinical/Research Experience

Do you think I am competitive for MD/DO? If so, what schools would you recommend adding to my list?
Anything else you would recommend? Also, I hope my CARS score is not too low to the point where I will be screened out of MD/DO?

Thanks in advance for the help