In need of some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MästerAngelina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I live in Sweden, I am 18 years old and after the summer I will begin my last year of college. I was thinking of taking the MCAT-Test. I have done some research and came across seeral forums recommending books of all kinds. Some examples would be, Examkrackers, Kaplan, Princeton and very rarely somebody recommends Berkeley Review. Which one would you recommend and why?

I have also heard about that people recommend classes and so on but that is not an option for me, I can't just travel to another country to take classes, I got my own school/classes to attend to. I don't think that any MCAT classes exist here in sweden, there isn't even a facility where you can give the MCAT test, which means that I will have to travel to the UK or Germany to give the test.

There is also another issue, I think that they are changing the MCAT test after January 2015. Is any studymaterial even available if you plan on giving the test after January 2015? I am not sure which test I should take, probably the last one in January I supose but I might take it later and then this issue arrives. Please enlighten me more about this subject.

If you think that there is something else I should know about please enlighten me with the information or link me to the source. I don't know anything about the scores on the test and neither what the top universities requires.

Regards

Members don't see this ad.

I'm studying for the current MCAT.
So here is the material I prefer:

PHYSICS: ExamKrackers (EK) for content review
The Berkeley Review (TBR) for passages
CHEM: EK for content review
TBR for passages
VERBAL: The Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook (most representative of real test)
EK 101 Verbal Passages (Not as good as TPRH, but still useful for extra practice)
OCHEM: EK for content review
TBR for passages
BIO: EK for content
TPRH Science Workbook for passages
* AAMC Tests are very important to gauge where you stand*

- I'm not sure how many books you plan on buying, but the above is what I used. I think that by using the above resources you will be very well prepared, but everyone has their opinion. EK books tend to be straight to the point while TBR tends to be very thorough and over detailed (but they have good passages)

Btw, if you plan on taking the test after January 2015, you will have to take a longer test which will also include Psychology and Sociology. Review books to help prepare for this test are already released (you can look them up online).

The following link tells you what the median score is for various schools: http://medical-schools.findthebest.com/saved_search/average-MCAT-score
You can get a lot more info here: http://www.aamc.org

Good Luck!