In postbacc program and wondering if I should retake AP classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaceventura972

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Like the title says I'm a non traditional student in the Agnes Scott postbacc program. The program offers all the prereqs for medical school in year.

I received a B in bio 1 with lab in undergrad so I plan on using that.

I also took AP physics in high school and got credit for physics 1 and 2 with lab and was wondering if I should retake that in the postbacc program?

I am 27 years old and double majored in marketing and psychology. I also received a master's degree in mental health counseling and dropped out of a PHD program in clinical psychology because I realized I wanted to do medicine instead.

I wanted to get a part time job while in the post bacc program and not having to take physics over again would allow me to do that but if it's a death sentence for medical school then I would obviously retake them. What are you thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not in med school yet but my advice is do whatever will allow you to score your best on the MCAT. Do you remember the material from high school well enough to be able to do a review on your own before jumping in and studying it for the MCAT? Or was it too long ago and you'd basically be relearning everything from scratch?

A part-time job will not make up for a bad MCAT score. If you have to, take out more loans so that you can do well in your classes and focus on studying for the exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Some medical schools do not accept AP credit. I would buy a copy of the MSAR to find out if the schools you are interested in applying to will/won't accept AP credit.

Reactions: 1 user