In secondaries should you explicitly state why an experience would make you a good physician?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, to sum up a challenge essay:

Explicit: "This experience will translate into my career as a physician because I now understand to _______ as opposed to ______"

vs.

Implicit: "I now understand how to ______ as opposed to _______"

Which is a better style of writing for use in secondaries? So far I have been leaning towards the implicit, but I have been wondering if it is better just flat out say this will make me a good physician because, instead of implying it

Members don't see this ad.

See gonnif's pot above; the style you propose below is too formulaic. You're not writing n essay for an English Lit class.

For example, to sum up a challenge essay:

Explicit: "This experience will translate into my career as a physician because I now understand to _______ as opposed to ______"

vs.

Implicit: "I now understand how to ______ as opposed to _______"

Which is a better style of writing for use in secondaries? So far I have been leaning towards the implicit, but I have been wondering if it is better just flat out say this will make me a good physician because, instead of implying it

Reactions: 1 user