In state tuition for Nova??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steviey2493

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was granted an interview at Nova. My main question is, because it is a state school and I am not from FL, can I get a Florida residency and after a year pay the in state tuition? Thank you for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

nova is a private school.. so that probably means that if you start paying out of state tuition (if they have such a thing at a private school, because usually, private schools have a flat rate for everybody), then you'll probably always pay out of state tuition the entire 4 years.

Really? Their brochure says there are diff rates for in and out of state, so I thought it was a state school. I had no idea private schools did two flat rates?!

And your avatar pic is priceless lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
And if a nova student could pm me that'd be great!

Hey! I am a FL resident and have been accepted to NOVA. I'm in the process now of getting approved for in-state tuition. It's around $6K cheaper per year for in-state.

Nova uses your first year status (in or out of state) for all 4 years even though it's a private school. However, it is one of the cheaper "out of state" rates for optometry schools.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hey! I am a FL resident and have been accepted to NOVA. I'm in the process now of getting approved for in-state tuition. It's around $6K cheaper per year for in-state.
i thought it was closer to about $3,000-$4,000 cheaper?

i thought it was closer to about $3,000-$4,000 cheaper?

Hey! Oops ya you are right. I was comparing NOVA in-state tuition to Midwestern's tuition which is about $6K cheaper. Sorry, I should have clarified that! But ya in-state for NOVA is still a couple grand cheaper than out-of-state for NOVA so I think it's worth it.