Incarnate Word FSOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some admission emails went out today and I just got mine! I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to both of you. I received nothing. It seems that if I do not receive the acceptance the same time as you, I am rejected, right?

Oh no that doesn't mean you got rejected. The Dean mentioned a small percentage of applicants will be notified early January and the rest will be in February. He also mentioned that if you don't recieve anything it may be a good thing since they probably building a wait list. So don't lose hope!

I was ironing my shirt for my UNT interview and I get an email notifcation... it was my acceptance to this program! It was definitely a great way to start my morning and motivation for my UNT interview! Yes!

Anyone Create a FB page yet? I wanted to start looking for potential roomies.

Congrats! By mail I guess? I am waiting to receive mine too.
Thanks ! Congrats to you as well! Yes, I received it in the mail. It looks as if you're in Houston so perhaps you will receive it today.

Thanks ! Congrats to you as well! Yes, I received it in the mail. It looks as if you're in Houston so perhaps you will receive it today.
I did receive it yesterday lol. I am going to pay for my seat as a backup. I still have an interview with A&M in February. If I get accepted there I will most likely be attending their program though. :whistle:

I have an interview on Jan18th, anybody has any feedback for me. Anybody has interview on the same day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Jan18th, anybody has any feedback for me. Anybody has interview on the same day?
The process is about 4 hours long. People are put into different groups and will follow a schedule. There was a critical thinking exam, Q&A with students who attend the program as well as an alumni, interview which is about 20 minutes long (2 interviewers), tour on campus, and an essay.

Know why you want to attend this program, why pharmacy, etc.

You can find interview questions to prepare yourself on here:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uiw-pharm/survey/29

Just be yourself. It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere!

I made my interviewers laugh a lot and even went on a tangent about Grey's Anatomy! :laugh:

Good luck!

The process is about 4 hours long. People are put into different groups and will follow a schedule. There was a critical thinking exam, Q&A with students who attend the program as well as an alumni, interview which is about 20 minutes long (2 interviewers), tour on campus, and an essay.

Know why you want to attend this program, why pharmacy, etc.

You can find interview questions to prepare yourself on here:
http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/uiw-pharm/survey/29

Just be yourself. It's a pretty relaxed atmosphere!

I made my interviewers laugh a lot and even went on a tangent about Grey's Anatomy! :laugh:

Good luck!
Thank you dear, it was really helpful. I appreciate it. BTW Grey's Anatomy is my favorite TV show, you made a good job. :)

Does that really take 2 weeks to hear from them? I've heard if you are approved, after just less than a week you will hear from them, is that true?

Does that really take 2 weeks to hear from them? I've heard if you are approved, after just less than a week you will hear from them, is that true?
I am not sure. I think they only do 2 sessions of interviews? You will probably hear back in 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone know if second round interview invitations sent out already? I applied on November and haven't heard anything yet.

I am not sure. I think they only do 2 sessions of interviews? You will probably hear back in 3-4 weeks.
I did'nt understand, sorry, you mean after my interview which was last Saturday, I might be invited for another interview?

I did'nt understand, sorry, you mean after my interview which was last Saturday, I might be invited for another interview?
Oh I meant two rounds of interviews. Like the first half of applicants was in December and the other half was in January.

Oh I meant two rounds of interviews. Like the first half of applicants was in December and the other half was in January.
I see, thanks for quick respond.

Dr. Lord said they would be filling up the class in ~2 weeks. I was at the Jan 18th interview and they said it was the last interview session so 2 weeks from then is when the rest of the class will be filled.

Dr. Lord said they would be filling up the class in ~2 weeks. I was at the Jan 18th interview and they said it was the last interview session so 2 weeks from then is when the rest of the class will be filled.
Do you know if this 2 week wait applies to those that interviewed in December but were not part of the first 25% that were accepted?

Ugh, don't feel bad. Same here. Now I don't want to check my mail at all!
Does anyone know if second round interview invitations sent out already? I applied on November and haven't heard anything yet.

Do you know if this 2 week wait applies to those that interviewed in December but were not part of the first 25% that were accepted?
I think so. Dr. Lord said they would also be sending out wait list/ rejection emails at the same time as acceptance ones.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my apps back in early October and never heard a peep from this school. Read the threads to find out that there are only 2 interview cycles was also great since I never heard anything. Jut great...

Submitted my apps back in early October and never heard a peep from this school. Read the threads to find out that there are only 2 interview cycles was also great since I never heard anything. Jut great...

Did you email Ms. Dicianna or Ms. Hernandez to ask why you havent heard from them yet? or if they received your supplemental information?

PharmCAS application for UIW completed on 10/3/13
Supplemental application for UIW completed and confirmed on 10/9/13
I called today and left a message if that does any good.. time and money down the drain.

PharmCAS application for UIW completed on 10/3/13
Supplemental application for UIW completed and confirmed on 10/9/13
I called today and left a message if that does any good.. time and money down the drain.
Did you apply to any other schools?

Did you apply to any other schools?

I called and left a message and still never heard anything back from this school so honestly I don't care for this school anymore. I have an interview with LECOM and Tech which I prefer over incarnate.

Has any of the Jan interviewees heard anything back?

I called and left a message and still never heard anything back from this school so honestly I don't care for this school anymore. I have an interview with LECOM and Tech which I prefer over incarnate.
I haven't yet. Maybe they got delayed with the bad weather?[/quote
I haven't heard either :-(

Dr. Lord said during our interview day that everyone (doesn't matter when you interviewed) who hasn't heard back yet will hear before the end of the first week of February. So just keep checking your emails :)

Has anyone heard anything? At my interview (the last one on January 18th), we were told 2 weeks, which is now bordering on 3.

Has anyone heard anything? At my interview (the last one on January 18th), we were told 2 weeks, which is now bordering on 3.

Haven't heard anything. I was also at the Jan 18th interview. Hopefully we hear back soon.

Today (Saturday) makes it three weeks since the interview on Jan18th. I'm now officially worried. *sigh*
Best wishes to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I called and they said the letters will be sent out by Friday

Just received my acceptance email !!

I also received my acceptance email today!

Congratulations everyone! See you in August!

Do you guys ?know if they're still emailing out decisions?

Do you guys ?know if they're still emailing out decisions?
I just called them a couple of minutes ago, they send they're still sending out letters till tomorrow.