Include on app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

ratman7

should I include that I played three years of intramural sports on my app?

Would that be laughed at/uneventful?

Sports are one of my hobbies along with instruments, so I thought intramurals would demonstrate I have nonmedical interests. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a reason there is a 'hobbies' section on AMCAS. Stop overthinking it.

Reactions: 1 user
should I include that I played three years of intramural sports on my app?

Would that be laughed at/uneventful?

Sports are one of my hobbies along with instruments, so I thought intramurals would demonstrate I have nonmedical interests. What do you think?
definitely include, especially if you enjoyed it and can talk about it

Members don't see this ad :)
This is definitely worth mentioning as it gives your application a little more dimension. Just don't try to oversell it.

Would something like these sports be equivalent to joining clubs? I'm not really interested in any of the clubs my college offers. How important are clubs in the admissions process?

I would only include "intramural instruments." That would be far more interesting. "Intra" what "murals" these instruments would be played would interest me ;).

Interviewers place a very large emphasis on people who have things in their application that can be chatted about on the interview. Definitely list any and all interesting things that you feel sets you apart. A good rule of thumb is - anything that you frequently mention at parties or on dates as a way of hooking your audience is a good thing to put on your application (unless it's bragging rights on how many tequilas you can knock back)

Definitely include it. I actually had an interviewer ask questions about a sport I was involved in.