including summer research program on my application this upcoming cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CodeRedDew

Thirst Quencher
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently been accepted into a summer research program. I will be applying and submitting my application this upcoming June so obviously I won't be able to include the summer research program on my application because I will not have finished it by then. What should I do? Wait to hold out my application until the program finishes (Late july), or send an update letter to the schools when I finish the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Worst case scenario, you can just send an update letter to all the schools after you finish the program

The experience section may not include things that have not yet begun. If the summer thing begins in June and you apply in June you may include it as start date 6/2012 and end date "to present". No need for it to be over to include it on the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depending on when it starts you could put it on. Like say it starts May 28th you would probably have a decent idea of your project ~2 weeks in so you would still be really early. Just say you're still doing it. It may not hold much weight, but some schools do not even take update letters do its something to consider if you really want it.