Incomplete Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleRocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just got an email saying my application at Columbia is incomplete and wont be reviewed until they get my picture. I sent it 3 weeks ago, this really pisses me off :mad::mad::mad:. Should I bother calling them or just mail a new one tomorrow? The email said they extended the deadline for submitting materials till jan 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

I called them a couple days ago to ask whether my app was complete - the lady yelled at me and said wait 4-6 weeks...even though the instructions say you will be notified of completion status by Dec 15th :(

So no, I would not call to complain, at least they let you know they didn't have your picture.
Just resend it asap. Can't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call them to see if you can send it via email.

I'm applying next year but I don't understand how it is wrong for us to call them to politely ask if the application was received. From what I've seen so far the timeline for turning in your application is very important and can be the difference between acceptance and rejection. So besides them getting pissed for some reason, is there another reason why we should not call them a few days after turning in the application to ask if they received it?

thanks, after muggles encounter, though, I think I'll just mail another one without calling. The one I already sent will probably turn up anyways.

I'm applying next year but I don't understand how it is wrong for us to call them to politely ask if the application was received. From what I've seen so far the timeline for turning in your application is very important and can be the difference between acceptance and rejection. So besides them getting pissed for some reason, is there another reason why we should not call them a few days after turning in the application to ask if they received it?

a fews days is definitely too soon for most schools. There is usually a lag in time between when materials are received and when they are put into your file and the school lets you know your completion status. This lag can be weeks, months in some cases (months for schools that don't mark you complete until after they've actually reviewed your app)
-other than that, schools have many applicants and some don't want to deal with constant calls, so they just refuse to tell applicants anything over the phone :(

a fews days is definitely too soon for most schools. There is usually a lag in time between when materials are received and when they are put into your file and the school lets you know your completion status. This lag can be weeks, months in some cases (months for schools that don't mark you complete until after they've actually reviewed your app)
-other than that, schools have many applicants and some don't want to deal with constant calls, so they just refuse to tell applicants anything over the phone :(

I see, alright thanks for that muggle. Now I know not to call them too earlier about this kind of thing.:thumbup: