Incorrect LOR designation dept chair?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I accidentally clicked the box on the LOR designation Department Chair for Clerkship, for one of my Family med preceptors, I didn't even realize it until after he faxed it over to my Dean's office.

I just saw the clerkship and clicked it. I'm not sure how big of an issue it will because he did mention he was my preceptor in his office and the school Dean's office will probably let me know to change it, but hopefully I didn't piss off my actual department chair or anything.

Anyone know if I could change it on ERAS?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't change it. You can create a new slot, upload the letter again, and then assign it to programs. But you can't change it for any program that you've already applied and sent the letter.

Don't sweat it, I've been mostly ignoring it.

Hello,
I have submitted my applications for this cycle and realized that I have made the same mistake.
Would you be able to tell me what happened with the issue with this LOR you had back then?

Hello,
I have submitted my applications for this cycle and realized that I have made the same mistake.
Would you be able to tell me what happened with the issue with this LOR you had back then?
In the almost decade since the answer right above you post was made, it hasn't changed.