Indian BDS graduate , hold Australia PR.. Need info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

access2saloni

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate to come across this forum .. I believe this is an excellent forum to get answers to my queries .. I am ravindra , from India .. I have recently received Australia PR and i have few questions regarding this .. Let me describe my case in here .. kindly help me with your inputs or suggestions

I have completed my BDS in india and got initial assessment done from ADC , I am yet to appear for ADC exams in the coming month

My spouse has applied for a visa under 189 category and we both got visa under Skilled independent category (189)

Now my question is ..

Can i pursue masters in Dentistry in any college without clearing ADC exams and without registering in ADB ? if yes After completion of course i guess i dont have to appear for ADC to register myself in ADB

if so kindly suggest me some good colleges and good course (DDS)

Also , Would i get the FEE-HELP since i am an Australian Permanent resident

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ravindra,

Yes this is a good forum however it is 99% based on North American programs so hardly anyone here will know anything about the Australian ADC assessment and whether or not you could get into any university dental courses here.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that you must be a licensed dentist in Australia (ie - you must be registered with the ADA and have passed the ADC exams) before you can apply for a masters in one of the specialties. However, you may be able to apply for specialty programs at a few US dental schools as I've heard that some of them take international dentists.

Regarding FEE-HELP, I think that you would be eligible. I hope that helps!

I am very fortunate to come across this forum .. I believe this is an excellent forum to get answers to my queries .. I am ravindra , from India .. I have recently received Australia PR and i have few questions regarding this .. Let me describe my case in here .. kindly help me with your inputs or suggestions

I have completed my BDS in india and got initial assessment done from ADC , I am yet to appear for ADC exams in the coming month

My spouse has applied for a visa under 189 category and we both got visa under Skilled independent category (189)

Now my question is ..

Can i pursue masters in Dentistry in any college without clearing ADC exams and without registering in ADB ? if yes After completion of course i guess i dont have to appear for ADC to register myself in ADB

if so kindly suggest me some good colleges and good course (DDS)

Also , Would i get the FEE-HELP since i am an Australian Permanent resident
hello ravindra
could you plz advise on my situation ... lokks like you have already gone through most of it by now..
im a studing bds final in india ... and would like to go through australian ADC rather than pursuing MDS in india.. for the first two levels of exam there is a examination center alloted in india.. but not for the practical... so in this case if I need to clear the final level what visa do i Have to apply for coming to australia to clear the exam.. plz let me know thanks