indian dentist in seattle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tethys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am a dentist from mumbai,india and have just moved to seattle. i want to pursue dentistry and am thoroughly confused how to go about it.
i have lots of questions:
university of washington - shcool of dentistry has a visiting scholars program..can anyone tell me how it is and what it is about and how competitive it is to get into that program?
also how competitive is it to get into the international dds program and their ms in endo program?
what is caapid? and pass? is that required for intl dentist or just nbde 1 and 2?

i also need information on nbde-what books to study how to go about studying

i heard that part 1 n part 2 are being combined..is that good or bad? uWash needs both part 1 and 2?

help.. plz..

Members don't see this ad.

i am a dentist from mumbai,india and have just moved to seattle. i want to pursue dentistry and am thoroughly confused how to go about it.
i have lots of questions:
university of washington - shcool of dentistry has a visiting scholars program..can anyone tell me how it is and what it is about and how competitive it is to get into that program?
also how competitive is it to get into the international dds program and their ms in endo program?
what is caapid? and pass? is that required for intl dentist or just nbde 1 and 2?

i also need information on nbde-what books to study how to go about studying

i heard that part 1 n part 2 are being combined..is that good or bad? uWash needs both part 1 and 2?

help.. plz..
Hey...I am also from India and had moved to US five months back...i have the same confusion....can anyone please help

Hi I am a dentist from India with a masters degree (MDS) in Endodontics. My scores however haven't been great in either BDS or MDS. I scored an aggregate of 55.75 in BDS and 60 in MDS (minimum pass marks being 50 in both). I passed both BDS & MDS without any attempts.I have one year experience as a consultant endodontist since my PG got over and have been a senior lecturer since March 2015. I also have done a 2 week certificate course in current concepts in american dentistry from NYU, New York. I am not sure about the GPA scenario and I have a feeling based on my marks my GPA won't be good. I think it will somewhere around 2 for BDS & 2.3 for MDS. I am planning on taking NBDE part I in 3 months but is it really worth it or is my GPA going to ruin my chances of getting accepted into any dental school there? I took TOEFL in March 2014 and score 102 in it.

Please let me know your views on this. I would appreciate any and every advice I get from you guys. Thanks a lot!