Indiana PBL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mediumrare

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are at IUPUI's dental program, would you please describe PBL in your opinion? Do you feel it is useful/helpful or terrible and why?

I'm just trying to get an impression of the university from a current students perspective.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It's generally not our favorite subject, but keep in mind it's about 1/5 of the curriculum in PBL. Sometimes you get a cool group and it forces you to hang out with people you might not otherwise, so I think it helps the class get to know each other better. PBL isn't that great, but the vibe amongst students is really solid here.

We should have a brand new clinic for your clinical years.

It's generally not our favorite subject, but keep in mind it's about 1/5 of the curriculum in PBL. Sometimes you get a cool group and it forces you to hang out with people you might not otherwise, so I think it helps the class get to know each other better. PBL isn't that great, but the vibe amongst students is really solid here.

We should have a brand new clinic for your clinical years.

Thanks for the heads up. I was really impressed during my interview at the program as well as the direction of the program. Thanks for your input!

Last edited: