Indiana University School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTALSCHNEEZ811

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an interview to this school and am wondering what this school is ranked among other dental schools? is it one of the easier schools to get an interview to? and how is the dental school as a whole.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Easily top 100

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ur hilarious bro.

Bro. You don't get to choose schools before you interviews, you choose them after your acceptances. Thinking way too far ahead! It is a great school, tuition is cheap probably.

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview to this school and am wondering what this school is ranked among other dental schools? is it one of the easier schools to get an interview to? and how is the dental school as a whole. I am strongly considering this school but I also received 2 other interviews so I want to pick the best one.
That's not how this works.

Bro. You don't get to choose schools before you interviews, you choose them after your acceptances. Thinking way too far ahead! It is a great school, tuition is cheap probably.
I understand how it works. I didn't ask you to explain that to me, I asked a simple question. I want to know if I should even schedule the interview.

I understand how it works. I didn't ask you to explain that to me, I asked a simple question. I want to know if I should even schedule the interview.

So, if people here told you don't schedule it then you will end up listening to them? What was the point of applying if you are not planning to attend to the interview. It defeats the purpose.

It's so early to even start declining interviews. Many people will love to be in your position.

So, if people here told you don't schedule it then you will end up listening to them? What was the point of applying if you are not planning to attend to the interview. It defeats the purpose.

It's so early to even start declining interviews. Many people will love to be in your position.
Because some people have busy schedules and cant attend every interview they get an offer to. I work 55 hours a week and going full time in school. I applied to 20 schools I cant go to every interview I get.
do you want me to send you my resume and add you on facebook so you can gain more information on me? What is your purpose to keep responding to this thread if you aren't going to answer the question I asked initially. It is none of your business in the first place and I really don't care that people would love to be in my position, stop bringing up random facts I never asked you to bring up to me. lol. All I asked was if it were a good school, you must have too much time on your hands to sit here and constantly reply with remarks that are not pertaining to the intial question asked in the thread.

my thoughts about this school was that is was okay. indianapolis as a city, no offense to anyone from there, is pretty lame. the school seemed to have a decent clinic, and they also had a relatively new simulation clinic. apparently they're known in the midwest for being a respectable institution. personally speaking, i don't know of anyone from IU dental school.

other things i remember...the building was old, the cafeteria wasn't anything to write home about, the out of state tuition was extremely expensive, and they have some weird PBL style that incorporates these cumulative exams (i forgot what they're called exactly), but everyone absolutely hated them. not to mention they seemed all over the place when i applied since they didn't have a dean, as he left to go to tufts university or something. but maybe the environment has changed. dental schools that i interviewed at made an active effort to make it seem like they wanted me there, and to make it seem that their institution was the best. IU didn't sell me at all, and i left with a ''whatever'' feeling about the school.

i applied because i was told that they accept a decent amount of OOS students. i was fortunate enough to be accepted but could never, ever see myself going there...ever. it would have cost me relatively 100k a year to go there and i just couldn't justify it to myself when i could save money and attend one of 3 schools closer to home.

if you're in state, i would totally go..it's relatively inexpensive. if not, i don't see why you would go unless it's your only acceptance.

@DENTALSCHNEEZ811 there are no set rankings for dental schools. curriculums are extremely subjective and there is no metric for ranking a dental school aside from how much funding they have. there's some random ranking that was compiled recently, if you can find it somewhere on the internet. if it's that important to you, google it or somethin. but as of now, just book your interview and go on with it. this may be your only interview invite, so there's no point in speculating details about the school. worry about juggling work and everything else when you have interview invitations just flying at you. then you can evaluate IU relative to other schools and plan it out. if you get interview invites from 3 or 4 other schools, you can always change dates around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What is the price difference between the school you attend and IU, teeth driller?

Because some people have busy schedules and cant attend every interview they get an offer to. I work 55 hours a week and going full time in school. I applied to 20 schools I cant go to every interview I get.
do you want me to send you my resume and add you on facebook so you can gain more information on me? What is your purpose to keep responding to this thread if you aren't going to answer the question I asked initially. It is none of your business in the first place and I really don't care that people would love to be in my position, stop bringing up random facts I never asked you to bring up to me. lol. All I asked was if it were a good school, you must have too much time on your hands to sit here and constantly reply with remarks that are not pertaining to the intial question asked in the thread.
I would not go to that interview with that attitude.

Reactions: 2 users
I would not go to that interview with that attitude.
lol I have 4 interviews buddy im not attending all of them. So I don't care what attitude ur talking about I asked a simple question about the school, I didn't ask of your opinion about my attitude.

Thank you! I appreciate the genuine response, I have 4 interviews already so I don't understand why people are making it so hard to understand that I cant make every single interview, I am scheduled for three already and I am too slammed so I just want to know how the school is you pretty much gave me exactly what I wanted to know so thank you.

my thoughts about this school was that is was okay. indianapolis as a city, no offense to anyone from there, is pretty lame. the school seemed to have a decent clinic, and they also had a relatively new simulation clinic. apparently they're known in the midwest for being a respectable institution. personally speaking, i don't know of anyone from IU dental school.

other things i remember...the building was old, the cafeteria wasn't anything to write home about, the out of state tuition was extremely expensive, and they have some weird PBL style that incorporates these cumulative exams (i forgot what they're called exactly), but everyone absolutely hated them. not to mention they seemed all over the place when i applied since they didn't have a dean, as he left to go to tufts university or something. but maybe the environment has changed. dental schools that i interviewed at made an active effort to make it seem like they wanted me there, and to make it seem that their institution was the best. IU didn't sell me at all, and i left with a ''whatever'' feeling about the school.

i applied because i was told that they accept a decent amount of OOS students. i was fortunate enough to be accepted but could never, ever see myself going there...ever. it would have cost me relatively 100k a year to go there and i just couldn't justify it to myself when i could save money and attend one of 3 schools closer to home.

if you're in state, i would totally go..it's relatively inexpensive. if not, i don't see why you would go unless it's your only acceptance.

@DENTALSCHNEEZ811 there are no set rankings for dental schools. curriculums are extremely subjective and there is no metric for ranking a dental school aside from how much funding they have. there's some random ranking that was compiled recently, if you can find it somewhere on the internet. if it's that important to you, google it or somethin. but as of now, just book your interview and go on with it. this may be your only interview invite, so there's no point in speculating details about the school. worry about juggling work and everything else when you have interview invitations just flying at you. then you can evaluate IU relative to other schools and plan it out. if you get interview invites from 3 or 4 other schools, you can always change dates around.

lol I have 4 interviews buddy im not attending all of them. So I don't care what attitude ur talking about I asked a simple question about the school, I didn't ask of your opinion about my attitude.

Dude, you should really consider pharmacy and take a chill pill.

Reactions: 4 users
You need a vacation. Don't let school and work turn you into this. Go to the interview because a 2.96 gpa can be a turn off.

Reactions: 1 user
You need a vacation. Don't let school and work turn you into this. Go to the interview because a 2.96 gpa can be a turn off.
Im not trying to get in an argument with a bunch of random people on here, I just wanted to know what everyone thought of Indiana as a whole. I got rude responses from the start, I have worked hard to get where I am at, and I don't take that for granted. I was asking a general question, not for you to go ahead and do a background check on me. I did get 4 intervies in September, I think maybe I have other qualities about myself that turned schools on other than my gpa.

DUDE--you asked a question and with more information that you have presented in a pretty crappy manner, people were responding to that. Why on earth did you apply to 20 schools when you only plan on attending 3 interviews????? Anyway, hopefully you will get an acceptance out of that small, small pool.

So what if you have 4 interviews if you aren't going to go to them and from what you posted, it sure sounded like you thought you could pick your school first, then interview. Not everyone that interviews gets accepted.

As for Indiana, there are no rankings for dental schools and why didn't you look into the schools before you applied. No school is #1 for everyone out there. It really depends more on fit, programming, etc. for everyone and without attending your interview, you won't know if that school really is your #1 or not so it doesn't really matter. What other schools are you interviewing at????