Indiana University School of Dentistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'll be starting at IUSD this July, and I'm just wondering if anyone here has any stories to tell, good or bad, about the place. So far, everyone here seems to be enrolled at UConn, and hating it ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School is super old and a bit disorganized. Students say they're really cramped for space in the lab but they're getting a good education in the end. Said they get to do a lot of different procedures in their clinic years and having all the specialties in one building was convenient.

Members don't see this ad :)
School is super old and a bit disorganized. Students say they're really cramped for space in the lab but they're getting a good education in the end. Said they get to do a lot of different procedures in their clinic years and having all the specialties in one building was convenient.
I know they made some new additions to the school like a new sim lab, do students still believe it is old and disorganized after the new improvements made by the school

I've heard from students that it was disorganized when they were transitioning with a new dean. Now it's much better and they're also constructing a new building addition to house clinics as well.

I've heard from students that it was disorganized when they were transitioning with a new dean. Now it's much better and they're also constructing a new building addition to house clinics as well.
So students there enjoy it now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sim and bench lab are fine. Wet lab is small. New clinics coming in 2018 (probably 2019). Faculty can be hit or miss. It's better than nothing especially if you have in state tuition.

What do you mean by faculty can be hit or miss, and how do you like the school and living in indianapolis in general?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Some are good, some are bad. School is fine. City is okay just cold in the winter.