Infectious Diseases and Common Skin conditions for NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1fabiola

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help with advice on what to focus on for Infectious Diseases and Common Skin Conditions for the NAPLEX exam? There are too many little details with all kinds of drug interactions. Wondering if it's worth the time memorizing every single detail. I feel comfortable with the math in RxPrep but I also find it ridiculously easy and feel the NAPLEX math might be harder. Any help/advice will do! Thanks.

P.S. Take my exam Nov 26th.

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone please help with advice on what to focus on for Infectious Diseases and Common Skin Conditions for the NAPLEX exam? There are too many little details with all kinds of drug interactions. Wondering if it's worth the time memorizing every single detail. I feel comfortable with the math in RxPrep but I also find it ridiculously easy and feel the NAPLEX math might be harder. Any help/advice will do! Thanks.

I would just focus on commonly dispensed agents and common side effects of each. I took my NAPLEX 3 days ago. I went in thinking, "I hope I don't get any HIV or Oncology questions", and blam almost every patient case I got was HIV or Oncology related with just a touch of DM, HTN, GERD, and a few Parasite drugs (i know...so weird). Flew thru the math on the naplex. Just prepped with Rxprep.

I would just focus on commonly dispensed agents and common side effects of each. I took my NAPLEX 3 days ago. I went in thinking, "I hope I don't get any HIV or Oncology questions", and blam almost every patient case I got was HIV or Oncology related with just a touch of DM, HTN, GERD, and a few Parasite drugs (i know...so weird). Flew thru the math on the naplex. Just prepped with Rxprep.

Thanks for the reply. I asked about the math in your other msg without looking @ this one. I'll just do the online problems over and over and go through 120 problems for added practice. Hopefully the mEQ problems don't throw me off.

Good luck with your exam:) I am taking soon after you!! I'm sure u will do great . I'm also doing math from Rx prep ( not done yet) and try to do Sdn 120 if I have time and q- bank as well. ID i heard if u do common disease like UTI, TRavel diareeha , pneumonia n all u will be fine. can I ask you a favor plzz can u post how was ur exam?? and what to focus?? once again good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)

First off good luck on your exam i just studied rxprep bolded stuff and passed pretty easily...I felt the rxprep math was enough to prepare for the naplex had lots of crcl questions make sure to look at pts bmi before using actual weight. I was lucky i had maybe 2 onco questions and no HIV questions, most of my exam was about DM, asthma, COPD, HTN, penumonia, OTC questions (allergies, and common cold), Neuro ( mostly depression and pain), ID vanco dosing and reading trough/peak levels and immunization. Like someone said before most of the questions you get will be in a case format though they are pretty straight forward and not really any trick questions. Hope this helps.

I had 2 questions on skin, and one of them was about a rash and treatment of choice. My advice would be to spend the time perfecting calculations

. Good luck for ur exam:) you will do great !!