Info about Touro University Nevada MOT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Civilization502

civilization502
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that information is given about the DPT program, but can anyone tell me what theyve heard about their occupational therapy program? I recently got accepted and was scared they are gonna lose their accreditation while I still go there. I read the the thread with the DPT program and wanted to know if this accrediation was also just temporary. Most importantly, how r they ranked? Anything will help

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the acceptance. If you look on AOTA's website, you will see that they have a 7 year accreditation. I have a friend that wants to apply there too and has heard good things aboutthe university. I have an interview at Touro Nevada in 2 weeks hoping to get into the MOT program. Do you know if they had a lot of applicants or have accepted many people?

The school is great! I was just there a few weeks ago for an interview, and everybody is really nice and helpful. I don't know how many people have applied or have been accepted. Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great to hear. I've heard from a few friends that the campus is pretty good and I have another friend that is applying for the MOT class of 2014. Have you heard back if you were accepted?

I am a little worried right now about my interview because I received the email inviting me and I called Gladys to confirm it, but I haven't heard anything back. I was expecting a confirmation email with an itinerary, but haven't received it yet. The interview isn't for another two weeks, but it just makes me a little anxious.

I received a confirmation email about two days before that told me what time to be there. If you are worried just email her again. She is really good at getting back to you promptly. I have not heard back yet.

I know that information is given about the DPT program, but can anyone tell me what theyve heard about their occupational therapy program? I recently got accepted and was scared they are gonna lose their accreditation while I still go there. I read the the thread with the DPT program and wanted to know if this accrediation was also just temporary. Most importantly, how r they ranked? Anything will help

Civilization,

I just got accepted there too. Are you planning on going?

Hi,
I am applying there as well but have not got an interview yet (all of my OTCAS has just cleared). How long after you guys had everything clear did you get an email? I'm a little freaked out b.c I just found out that my overall gpa is a 2.74 but i am finishing two classes in May so this should bring it up. Any help would be great. How was the interview process?

Hey guys,

Congratulations on those who have applied to Touro and have received acceptance! It's a great school with great people.

Fortunately, I am a Touro student who assists with the student interviews. A few students and myself help partake in the interview process by meeting with the student applicants and getting to know then in an informal environment.

Best of luck to you all who are still in the process. I was in your shoes once and had those feelings of anxiety. Trust me, it'll all be worth it in the end.

If any of you have questions, let me know.

I have been invited to an interview but I am skeptical about the location... do you have any advice as far as this program versus other programs and what you think makes it a good school?

Thanks in advance:)

A

Touro is located in Henderson, many miles from the Strip. The location is a bit hidden, but maybe it's for the best, away from any sort of distraction.

The MSOT program at Touro is an intensive 2-year Masters of Science program that has a didactic course load. The School teaches exceptional courses, and the professors are equally unique. For our most recent [current] semester, we used one of our professor's published textbook, i.e. Occupational Therapy in Mental Health. She's a very well-known OT and have been privileged to have been taught a course by her.

To the point, compared to other schools, Touro is a 2year program that enforces skill with research, neuroscience, clinical reasoning, anatomy, and the like; all vital skills needed for a good OT!

Hey guys,

Congratulations on those who have applied to Touro and have received acceptance! It's a great school with great people.

Fortunately, I am a Touro student who assists with the student interviews. A few students and myself help partake in the interview process by meeting with the student applicants and getting to know then in an informal environment.

Best of luck to you all who are still in the process. I was in your shoes once and had those feelings of anxiety. Trust me, it'll all be worth it in the end.

hello OT 4ME,
I am glad I found this thread. I recieved an email of invitation for interview from Touro, I am from Illinois, I want to ask if they do phone interviews? I plan on calling Gladys back on monday. but i just dont know what to expect. Can you tell me a bit more about the nature of the school and how many students are there in a cohort? also, is the student body diverse?
Thank you!:)

Has anyone heard anything back yet from the Touro programs in NY?? I've been waiting to hear anything from them...I contacted them and they said they are processing applications...just wondering since the Nevada one has already given decisions. Thanks!

Hey guys,
I was accepted into Touro University, Nevada's OT program for the Class of 2013 in November. I was in the first group of applicants. There were 7 or 8 of us. We did a group activity and then some individual interviews. I do not believe they give phone interviews, because there were several us from out of state there. I think they want to see what your personality is like and how you interact with others. The interviewers made everyone feel at ease. They basically want to know why you want to be an OT. Be genuine with your answers! You also have to write a short essay and then you get to meet with current students. It was so nice to get their perspectives on which classes/semesters are the hardest. The class size is 35, which seems nice and small.
However, the school itself is a strange setup and there are not any windows in the classrooms. It is located in the "warehouse district" of Henderson....but it looks nothing like the stereotypical warehouse where I live...much nicer.
I am so excited to go to this school and move to a new area. I went once before my interview to the school and found I liked it even more after my interview. I hope this helps someone feel more at ease.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
I was accepted into Touro University, Nevada's OT program for the Class of 2013 in November. I was in the first group of applicants. There were 7 or 8 of us. We did a group activity and then some individual interviews. I do not believe they give phone interviews, because there were several us from out of state there. I think they want to see what your personality is like and how you interact with others.
The interviewers made everyone feel at ease. They basically want to know why you want to be an OT. Be genuine with your answers! You also have to write a short essay and then you get to meet with current students. It was so nice to get their perspectives on which classes/semesters are the hardest. The class size is 35, which seems nice and small.
However, the school itself is a strange setup and there are not any windows in the classrooms. It is located in the "warehouse district" of Henderson....but it looks nothing like the stereotypical warehouse where I live...much nicer.
I am so excited to go to this school and move to a new area. I went once before my interview to the school and found I liked it even more after my interview. I hope this helps someone feel more at ease.

OTSOMEDAY-
How long after everything cleared did you get an invite to Touro? Its been about 2 weeks and nothing. I'm hoping there not full yet and that I still have a chance. Thanks

I turned in my application on Dec. 15th, and didn't hear from them until middle of January. When I went to the interview, they said they had two more interviews. There was one in March, so don't worry, I'm sure you will hear soon.

I think they are looking at your grammar in the essay not so much about the subject of the essay

I just talked to the people at Touro and they said they have one more interview process March 23 I was wondering what was on the peoples applications that got accepted (gpa, letters of rec, extra activites ext...) My gpa is 2.74 but my core classes are above a 3.0 I have done lots of observation, and think i have good letters of recomdation. I was just trying to figure out what they look for. Also they said they are only half full so maybe that gives me a better shot (fingers crossed)

Has any one else been put on the wait list for TUN? Have you heard what position you are or anything if you have? I just got accepted into the OTD program at Creighton, but it's really expensive and Touro is much closer to home and MUCH more affordable. So I'm hoping I get in there. I don't know what I did different to get accepted into an OTD program but not the MOT program at Touro :(

Has any one else been put on the wait list for TUN? Have you heard what position you are or anything if you have? I just got accepted into the OTD program at Creighton, but it's really expensive and Touro is much closer to home and MUCH more affordable. So I'm hoping I get in there. I don't know what I did different to get accepted into an OTD program but not the MOT program at Touro :(

Me. Didn't say what position I was in though.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to make sure there are no issues with the accreditation status. That the place wont lose its status halfway through! Just some reassurance really. And if you know anyone who needs a male room mate.

I just got my acceptance for the class of 2014! Anyone else going and want to connect?

hi gigi im interested in this school as well-can u list ur stats when u get the chance?

Undergrad GPA 3.2
Prereq 3.5+
GRE 162V 161Q 4.5A
OT Volunteer: 130h peds
5 years yoga teacher
I found during the interview that many other candidates were still finishing undergrad and were perhaps lacking life experience. Speaking up and engaging the faculty helped me, I believe.

I was very impressed with the program, the caring/ mentoring of the faculty, and community outreach. Not to mention extremely affordable housing!

man i would love to get into that school! Congratulations, seriously thats awesom!!!

Hi guys. I just got notified that I will be getting an interview but that they have to let me know when interview dates become available. I was just wondering if getting an interview means you are pretty likely to get in or if most people get interviewed. Touro is my first and only choice so I am a little stressed about it. Let me know your thoughts!?

How long after your interview did it take for them to notify you that you had been accepted? I worked as a gymnastics instructor with children for five years, some of who had developmental issues. I am hoping that is the life experience you are talking about. I only have 80h in peds but hopefully I will stand out. Congrats on getting accepted!

Hi guys. I just got notified that I will be getting an interview but that they have to let me know when interview dates become available. I was just wondering if getting an interview means you are pretty likely to get in or if most people get interviewed. Touro is my first and only choice so I am a little stressed about it. Let me know your thoughts!?

I had an interview last year with them and didn't get accepted. It took 1 week I believe to get a response. My interview was last february/march if I remember correctly. IMO you have a better chance of getting accepted the earlier you interview since most schools are rolling.

I have an interview for April! Anyone else interviewing in April. I am counting down the days! Wish me luck :)

otsomeday, I recently applied to Creighton University and have yet to hear back if I get an interview or not. Did you decide to go there?

I was recently accepted for class of 2014. Does anyone want to connect on FB? or create a group? I need one friend to be able to create a closed group. PM me

Any current/future OT students looking for housing or need a female roommate? PM me!

Can anyone tell me more about the interview and what questions they may ask? I have an interview this Nov 2012 and would like to be prepared. Thanks.

Also, what types of questions did you ask while being interviewed? I was thinking of asking some about the program and fieldwork experiences.

i was in the first interview cycle.
First we actually did a group exercise and then the interview.
They are really nice and extremely helpful.
Basic questions
Why ot?
what makes you different?
strength/weakness?
What is ot to you?
why this school?
it was more a conversation between you and faculty!

How long after your application was verified did they invite you for an interview? Thanks!

I submitted my supp app and within two weeks i received a phone call for an interview for nov 1st.

Hi Elana10, do you mind me asking where you live? My OTCAS was verified about three weeks ago and I have yet to hear back from Touro. I live in NC and I was thinking it was because of my geographical location but that still shouldn't matter.

That's weird because my OTCAS app was verified on 11/19 and got an email from them on 11/28 asking me to submit a supplemental application.

I called the school yesterday afternoon and explained my situation, the girl on the phone tried looking for my application. She told me that she couldn't find my application and that she would let the person in charge of OT admissions know and he would call me back by the end of the day. I didn't hear back from them, so I am going to call back on Monday. Hopefully everything is okay! I meet all the requirements so I am not sure what happened.

i send my supp in and about a week later i found out about my interview
dont worry.
I think they offer interviews when they find out how many seats they have left
after every interview date they let people know within 2 weeks. and those people have 2 weeks to decide. from their to offer more interviews.

i live in chicago

congrats cheerchic so excited for you

does anyone know if they accept skype interviews?

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance cheerchiq7!
How long after your interview did you hear that you got in?

I have my interview in 2 weeks! Do you have any suggestions for me? :)

I just went with a positive attitude and answered every question honestly.
Good Luck, and let me know how it goes.

ohhh and it took about two weeks for them to send my acceptance letter.

Cheerchiq,
I just had my interview with Touro a few days ago. Do you mind sharing your stats so that I have an idea of what an accepted student from Touro's stats are like? Thanks!