Info about UCSF, NOVA, and BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldudue10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys-
I’m recently got accepted into UCSF, NOVA, and BU. I am having a really hard time trying to decide between the three schools and wanted to put up a thread with hopes of getting as much information and comments as I can about each school. Basically I want to know:
*What you guys think of each school and its program
*What the board stats are
*What the patient pools and accessibilities like
*What the postgraduate rates are

Any additionally info is very welcomed! Thank you guys:)

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked BU, thus I am going there... Im an East-Coaster, and felt BU offer better clinicals than NOVA

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you want to live? What climate would you prefer?

Whatever location answers those questions... go there.

If you live in cali, go to UCSF.

If you like warm weather and eye candy, go to Nova.

If you like east coast mentality and 4 seasons, go to BU.

i agree w/ most of the posters.. you should go to a school that fits your needs.. most dental schools graduate their students a very high rate. sure there are schools with more reputable name, but don't let that make your decisions.

cooldudue10 said:
Hi guys-
I’m recently got accepted into UCSF, NOVA, and BU. I am having a really hard time trying to decide between the three schools and wanted to put up a thread with hopes of getting as much information and comments as I can about each school. Basically I want to know:
*What you guys think of each school and its program
*What the board stats are
*What the patient pools and accessibilities like
*What the postgraduate rates are

Any additionally info is very welcomed! Thank you guys:)

UCSF, hands down!
- 4th in the nation
- SF has diverse populations and you have access to them at UCSF
- Not in terms of numbers of ppl getting in (not many ppl want to specialize at SF) but in terms of people who wanted to specialize and have gotten in is pretty high...something like 13/15 gotten into the specialty of their choice.

kiggar4l2000 said:
UCSF, hands down!
- 4th in the nation
- SF has diverse populations and you have access to them at UCSF
- Not in terms of numbers of ppl getting in (not many ppl want to specialize at SF) but in terms of people who wanted to specialize and have gotten in is pretty high...something like 13/15 gotten into the specialty of their choice.

4th in nation? we are talking dental program here, not the university overall.

You will always find diverse population in major US cities (Chicago, NYC, Boston, LA, etc).

Sk8aBull said:
Where do you want to live? What climate would you prefer?

Whatever location answers those questions... go there.

So you guys think that weather and location should be the deciding factor?

Lilstar0024 said:

Price comes first. If the prices are approximately equal, then other things such as location should be considered.

Lilstar0024 said:

You're going to get a great education no matter where you go, it is all what you put into it. Go where you would like to live for the next 4 or more years. Price wasn't even a deciding factor for me. It was all about what the school offered and what the city offered.

Cold Front said:
4th in nation? we are talking dental program here, not the university overall.

You will always find diverse population in major US cities (Chicago, NYC, Boston, LA, etc).

sigh. 4th in board score.
there's no such thing as ranking for dental programs..
for med/pharm/nursing/etc. that do have ranking ucsf ranks higher thank 4th...most are #1s.