Info on WestCoast University Los Angeles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They have the two year schedule up on their website. The day to day schedule I do not know. They said the latest they will want to keep us in class is till 4:30.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with the admissions director and the first trimester will be M-Th 9-4:30 each day.

For those who applied, how did you get confirmation of the application and status updates? How long did it take before you were invited to interview? I read that someone interviewed via webcam. Was that an option presented to you or did you make that special request? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!! I was just wondering if there are any applicants for Spring 2014 start? I applied this fall :) I have an interview in about two weeks, does anyone have any tips? Also, how long after your interview do you hear back on the decision. I hope someone can help. Thank you in advance and good luck to all!!

Hi,

I also received an interview invitation. For those who applied for Fall 2013 and got in, how was the interview?

Also, if you are currently in the MOT program at West Coast how is the program? (I know it just started :) but maybe you already have a sense of the school.)

Thank you and good luck to those applying for Spring 2014 :)

Anyone here in the inaugural class? What is your schedule like? Is it M-F 8am-5pm? I'm not sure what really is, some says M-Th 9-4:30 and some says M-Th 10-4. I'd really appreciate the info.

Has anyone heard back in regards to the September interviews??

Hi lblulu,

I received an acceptance email earlier today! =]
Hope you hear from them soon. Good Luck.

hi dm is it possible to post your stats? congratulations on getting into the program

I interviewed back on September 26th. Haven't heard anything back yet. I was told that letters would be going out early October.
dm25, Congratulations on your acceptance eamil.
Looks like I will now be obsessively checking my maibox and my email.. The anticipation is killer !

I just heard back on Thursday via email. I'm excited to start school finally! Waiting around is always difficult! dm25, are you 100% sure you'll be attending WCU in the Spring?

Hi lblulu,

I received an acceptance email earlier today! =]
Hope you hear from them soon. Good Luck.

I also got accepted to West Coast OT and am very excited. Does anyone have any other information? Also, anyone coming from Orange County area?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those starting West Coast University MSOT Spring 2014:

I have created a Facebook group: send me a message and I will send you the link.

GOOD LUCK to everyone <3!!!

Hi KellyOT, did you also hear back via email?

Yes, I received an email last week on Thursday. Have you heard anything yet?

I haven't heard back kellyot. I interviewed Sept 26th but I thought they were sending written letters. I guess I'll keep my eye out.

Congratulation to those you are admitted !
Can you share your stat?

yes can you guys share your stats for us poor souls who don't know if we're getting in or not

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am happy to report that I received my acceptance email today. Only thing I'm concerned about is that it states I was accepted to the Fall 2014 term and not the Spring 2014 I had originally applied for.
Anyone else heard back ?
I plan to call the school tomorrow just in case it was an error. Crossing my fingers.
Again, good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Congrats, everyone! So, I went to WCU's new campus today to sign the enrollment papers and I asked what the class sched would be like. The lady said it would be M-F 8-5....I'm not sure about you guys but I am not so excited about it haha

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, I just got an email saying I am going in for an interview which will be April 27th. As of now the school is pending status of accreditation. Does anyone feel a little uneasy about attending an institution that has not been accredited and might not be accredited? Isn't this like gambling? I would love to hear what previous students and current students are thinking about this point that I bring up. I asked schools if they take the courses at West Coast University and they said they will take some but not all and said it would be difficult to fit students in a middle of a program if the program has started. They basically told me it is not a good idea to sign up for a school that has not been accredited. This was coming from Loma Linda, And USC and Dominguez hills. I would love more info from anyone about this topic because imagine attending a school for 2 years and paying so much money and not being able to get license. What if things go down hill and the school does not get accredited? Technically they do not have to return our money or anything because they said it them selves, it is not guaranteed. Thank you guys so much for your time! :) I will be awaing answers !

I would have the same concerns. If anyone has any answers about the status of accreditation let us know.

well good luck and keep us updated on how it goes

Thank you. My interview went great. I interviewed with the head director of the OT program and a faculty member. Be prepared to write a writing sample during your interview

Thanks! I wonder how many people they are expecting will apply this go around.

They are accepting 28 students for the fall cohort, but 6 students have already been accepted for the fall cohort. So, 22 more spots
Hi naijagirl90, I was wondering how you know they accepted 6 students already? :)

Hi naijagirl90, I was wondering how you know they accepted 6 students already? :)
Hi christinaa
When I went in for my interview, the director told me that 6 students have already been accepted, but these students interviewed for the spring cohort back in 2013, but instead they were placed in the fall cohort this year

Hi christinaa
When I went in for my interview, the director told me that 6 students have already been accepted, but these students interviewed for the spring cohort back in 2013, but instead they were placed in the fall cohort this year
Oh that's interesting. Thank you for replying back! I just had a interview with the Program Director as well so I was just curious :) I hope you hear back with good news!

Has anyone heard back--or does anyone know when we should be hearing back?

Hi, I just found out about West Coast and I am interested in applying next year. I am pretty meh about this school right now because theres not a lot of information about it. Anyone here attending this school right now? Wanna share your thoughts on it?

So I just got an updated email today about when we will hear back. They are making their selections the first week in July and acceptances will be mailed out second week of July.

I have an interview next week. Can anyone give me some pointers on the interview and essay. thanks

I was also wondering if anyone has any tips about the interview questions and/or the essay since I have my interview next week.

Last 60: 3.75
Interviewed strongly, 2 months ago or so.
Mailing my rejection of the offer probably today or tomorrow.

I can not justify going to a school which costs twice as much, has fieldwork sites only "spread across the country", and is not yet accredited despite claims in this forum from last year saying they would be accredited by now.

The faculty - and facilities seemed really great. The tuition and accreditation concerns are very real ones on my part though.

Which school are you attending MOT4ME? If you don't mind me asking.

Just wanted to share that I received my acceptance email today. Unfortunately, I did not get admissions to the fall cohort, but got into the spring 2015 instead. I think the two main factors that prevented me from getting into the fall cohort are:
1) several slots were taken up by previous students who were an overflow from the cohort that they applied to. I believe 6 spots were already filled.
2) I went for my interview late in June, right before decision deadline. I did not realized it was rolling admissions and had changed my May interview to June.

Ultimately I am very happy and relieved. I had been trying for several years with no luck. Here are my stats for those wondering.

Prerequisites 3.9
last 60 units 3.8
shadowing: 90 hours in a pediatric clinic, 80 hours feeding therapy, 36 hours hand therapy

I interviewed with two professors and had to write an essay afterwards. I felt like I did well in the interview. I have years of experience working with children with special needs and emphasized this in my interview, along with my passion for OT.

Good luck to any hopefuls and don't give up. I stopped applying to schools that looked at my weighted gpa because my undergraduate gpa was not stellar and was bringing my gpa down. I was very close to going the OTA route, but was told by many OTs that would be a waste of my skills =)

I have been accepted into West Coast University's MOT program for the Fall 2014 cohort. Is anybody looking for a roommate?

Last edited:
I was accepted for the Fa 2014 cohort at West Coast University. Is anyone looking for a roommate for Fa 2014 or know of a place to find affordable and safe room for rent besides Craigslist and Padmapper? Thanks in advance

Hey! I am looking for a roommate as well for the Fall 2014 cohort!