Informations about medicine

Namoureuse

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new here (i don't know if the allopathic section is the right one lol) i'm a high school student and i should decide what career i want.

I've always loved biology and wanted to become a doctor, but.. Many people told me it's a very tough and difficult road.

So i want to know if it's really THAT hard like people are claiming ??

I know it's not an easy way and requires hard work.
But i just need some informations about what a med student gets to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm new here (i don't know if the allopathic section is the right one) i'm a high school student and i should decide what career i want.

I've always loved biology and wanted to become a doctor, but.. Many people told me it's a very tough and difficult road.

(Sorry for my english i'm french educated)
xx

Wrong section, yes. Kid please, please, please do something else with your life, this crap isn't worth it. Somehow medicine has built up this image of a glorious profession and type A HS kids completely buy into it. Yes it is difficult, you don't have time to have a life. You are female and if you re planning on a family medicine makes that really hard to do.

Wrong section, yes. Kid please, please, please do something else with your life, this crap isn't worth it. Somehow medicine has built up this image of a glorious profession and type A HS kids completely buy into it. Yes it is difficult, you don't have time to have a life. You are female and if you re planning on a family medicine makes that really hard to do.
Calling me a kid that has an image of medicine as a glorious profession was so predictable. I knew these kind of replies are coming, sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Calling me a kid that has an image of medicine as a glorious profession was so predictable. I knew these kind of replies are coming, sigh.

Leave us be troll

Reactions: 1 user
I'm new here (i don't know if the allopathic section is the right one lol) i'm a high school student and i should decide what career i want.

Its hard. No doubt. It will be the hardest thing you do.

You will learn material in a way faster speed than what you are used to in high schoo,l or college imagine taking a semester's worth of material and being forced to learn it all plus all the clinical applications in one week.

if you have a passion for this, you will survive college and get accepted, then youll realize how hard it is. Youll be angry, upset, depressed, confused. But youll for some odd rason feel its worth it.

Reactions: 1 users
Its hard. No doubt. It will be the hardest thing you do.

You will learn material at an exponentially faster speed than what you are used to in high schoo,l or college imagine taking a semester's worth of material and being forced to learn it all plus all the clinical applications in one week and then get tested on it and have to remember it forever.

if you have a passion for this, you will survive college and get accepted, then youll realize how hard it is. Youll be angry, upset, depressed, confused. But youll for some odd rason feel its worth it.

This (with my slight changes in bold red). And then after that it'll be even harder.

Reactions: 1 users
This (with my slight changes in bold red). And then after that it'll be even harder.

Thats always the sad part, you think theres light at the endnof the tunnel and run towards it only to realize its a smaller tunnel with flames and now you're stuck burning and running through a tunnel haha.

Thats always the sad part, you think theres light at the endnof the tunnel and run towards it only to realize its a smaller tunnel with flames and now you're stuck burning and running through a tunnel haha.

Wow now that's some imagery lol.

Study biology or better yet biochem in college. Do research and decide whether you like research or customer service more. Continue with a PhD or MD depending on your choice.

I'm fainting