Inguinal Hernia picture NEJM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe its been a while since his last physical?:eek:

Yup, I've seen one like that. The patient came in with gas gangrene of one of his legs. We had to amputate, and incidentally noticed that he had a hernia in his scrotum that would be much larger than the stump left from the amp. Some people have different thresholds for coming to the hospital. The guy's leg had been infected for so long, the whole thing stank, had soft tissue crepitus, and was mottled black and white.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, I'm not a guy here, but it just begs the question...where do you PUT that? Doesn't that make it very hard to wear pants, and wouldn't that be a sign to seek medical attention? :eek:

You wouldn't believe what people don't go to the doctor for. You should see some pictures of Paget's disease.

I want to know why they begin the story with "chronic dysuria and increased urinary frequency presented with three weeks of weakness and fever."

How about the WATERMELON BETWEEN HIS LEGS!!! And seriously, you mean to tell me this guy was experiencing weakness for ONLY the last 3 weeks? :laugh:

whoa, that must've gotten the other guys attention when he was in the locker room

I want to know why they begin the story with "chronic dysuria and increased urinary frequency presented with three weeks of weakness and fever."

How about the WATERMELON BETWEEN HIS LEGS!!! And seriously, you mean to tell me this guy was experiencing weakness for ONLY the last 3 weeks? :laugh:

Not only that, he declined surgical intervention. While that was probably a wise choice due to the risks, what exactly can be done for him now? He just continues like that? (I suppose that's an option considering he's lived with it for 8 YEARS.)

Seeing as he just now sought medical attention, he didn't consider that massive thing to be his chief complaint. Perhaps the dysuria and frequency (and the weakness) were his chief complaints.

Umm. Yeah I have no idea.