Inputting Course Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AP191

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this may be a dumb question, but I took Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2 in the Kinesiology department at a university. When inputting these courses would they go under:

ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY IN BIOLOGY:ONLY Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) courses completed in a biology, neuroscience, anatomy, or integrated physiology department.

or

ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY - OTHER: All A&P courses completed in an allied health, physical education, exercise science, or other department. ??

I applied last year, and I put it under the "other" category, but I think that may be wrong since kinesiology would technically fall under the anatomy or physiology department category, correct? I know many schools require the anatomy courses be completed in a science or anatomy department or else they won't accept the courses.

Members don't see this ad.

Kinesiology is it's own department and thus "other" would be correct.

If that is the case, then I know a couple of people that went to UIC where anatomy 1 and 2 are given in the kinesiology department, and were accepted to institutions that required those courses be in a "biology, neuroscience, anatomy, or integrated physiology department". I wonder if it makes a differences, since kinesiology encompasses anatomy and physiology.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my mind, kinesiology is quite different than a bio focused A & P. I had to take both since my undergrad was also through the kinesiology department. (Had to redo A & P to apply to PT school). In my undergrad kinesiology A & P, we never really went into things like the liver or deep study of the skin. It was all muscle and bone focused. My advice is make sure you are calling the schools for them to review now...you don't want to be surprised if they don't take it.

Reactions: 1 user
It would definitely go in the "other" category. I would contact the schools you are applying to and discuss your situation, and not rely on what other people have told you happened to them.

:)

Yup, you guys are right. I called PTCAS and they said the same thing. I also called many of the schools I was going to to apply to, and every single one except Hampton University said they would accept the courses either way. Thanks for your responses!