Inquarta Private Consulting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EndSong

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone else looked into a company called Inquarta?

Supposedly they specialize in consulting students into being the best applicant they can possibly be. If I have to re-apply I might consider using their services.

Members don't see this ad.

*cough*Ripoff!*cough*

To be the best applicant you can be, soul search, and do the things you didn't do because you thought they'd be too hard. Look inside. Don't give your money to a bunch of 'consultants' who won't tell you any more than a pre-med advisor, a few good friends, and a month at SDN would.

Reactions: 1 user
EndSong said:

Supposedly they specialize in consulting students into being the best applicant they can possibly be. If I have to re-apply I might consider using their services.

I know nothing about this service, but think self help is a better approach. First, try to talk to a dean at any place(s) you were rejected, to see if you can get feedback on where you need to improve for the next cycle. That's the best way since it's from the horse's mouth. After that, If you can be really critical about your app, you can probably figure out where your weaknesses lie. Folks on SDN certainly can give you a littany of things you might have fallen short on, but you have to filter out the advice gems from the stones. If grades or MCAT or ECs are the culprit weakness, there may not be a quick fix, and you have to be ready to spend the time it takes to remedy these things. Finally, find someone critical to proof your PS and secondaries, and to practice interviewing with.

Members don't see this ad :)
RIPOFF!!! Don't do it. nuf said.

EndSong said:

I actually contacted these people and I could immediately tell they were trying to take my money...they even use a sleasy ass foot in the door tactic to get you.

You can find everything they tell you in a magazine taken off a bookstore shelf.

good luck

The guy that runs this is sleazy. They prey on students that are desperate and are pretty pushy about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I agreen with Law2Doc

Law2Doc said:
... think self help is a better approach. First, try to talk to a dean at any place(s) you were rejected, to see if you can get feedback on where you need to improve for the next cycle. That's the best way since it's from the horse's mouth. After that, If you can be really critical about your app, you can probably figure out where your weaknesses lie.

From my own experience this was the best help I could get when I reapplied this year. I had a meeting with Dean X at SOM Y and she went through a detailed list of "problems" that my interviewers thought I had (to this day I think 2 of those "problems" where a bunch of crap from them :mad: , maybe my grammar?), and it made me focus on working on those. Example? They thought I was too "naive" about the whole medicine deal (yeah, right, suuuuure, what-evah!). So I tried to become more knowleadgable (did I spell this right?) about current issues in medicine and made sure my interviewers knew that I knew what was going on . Voila! Apparently it worked. Of course there's more to it than just one little issue, but, talking to the school that rejected you may show you something that needs to be worked on. Personally, I wouldn't waste the money. Best of luck!

Hi thanks guys. I agree, I actually called them up after I posted this and I have to agree they were kinda sleazy about things.

EndSong said:
Hi thanks guys. I agree, I actually called them up after I posted this and I have to agree they were kinda sleazy about things.
What did they tell you that gave them away?

DON'T DO IT!

that guy can sweet talk you to the point that you are hallucinating and seeing your name in lights, with the letters MD after it

the apps process sucks but is definitely do-able on your own.

and i know someone who did do it, and he told me it sucked. and they make you sign a contract that says they can drop you and keep your money if they want to. (yes, for no other reason than that alone).

in short, inquarta = bad.

happydays said:
What did they tell you that gave them away?

Ok so I know you were asking the other person the question, but here is what gave it away for me:

After telling him my stats, EC's, etc., he wanted me to sign up for the course immediately b/c he said that he and his team needed to mold me into the best possible applicant. So when I hesitated and began to express doubts he told me, "without our help you will not get into medical school b/c you wont know the secrets to success." So then I asked him to elaborate on those "secrets" and his response was, "uhhhhh....well....ummm"; my response was, "yeah...that's what I thought!"...Then he hung up on me.

Biggest sham ever!

I used inquarta. It was expensive as hell, but I found it helpful in many ways.

I'm not in school anymore, so I didn't have the resources that being in school would entitle me to (advising, etc). Inquarta told me what I needed to do and when I needed to do it. Because I was busy balancing work, mcats, etc, I found this helpful.

Also, Mike, who helped me with my personal statement, was very good. I strongly recommend him. He helped me brainstorm ideas for my ps, and refine it. I'm very pleased with it.

I thought the mock interviews were also very helpful. I'm a good people person, so my interview skills were already pretty good, but the mock interviews helped me refine them.

This service certinaly isn't for everyone. It worked for me. And if you don't have other forms of support but you do have $3000 it might work for you too.

riceman04 said:
Biggest sham ever!

You guys really want to be a bit careful -- when you specifically comment on individuals and their business practices you kind of are walking a fine line in terms of libel laws. The internet is not as anonymous as you'd think. :scared:

Reactions: 1 users
Hi. I'm the owner of INQUARTA. I invite anyone with concerns to reach out to me personally. The information in this thread is inaccurate, and I invite you to look at the free courses, Youtube channel (inquarta4premeds), my support of the non-profit Global Medical Brigade, and my clients' acceptance records before you make a decision. It's understandable that some will be skeptical, and I encourage you to grill the hell out of me until you're satisfied.

Bye, owner of INQUARTA.

As a pre-med with really a crappy pre-health advisor who doesn't know jack ****, I found the admissions bundle quite helpful. Maybe that's just me, but it helped me figure out what I needed for the upcoming application cycle. It's obviously not required, but it was like 200 dollars which is less than one credit hour. I needed an outline for how to apply and that's pretty much what it is.

OH HI BRAND NEW POSTER WHO POSTED ABOUT A CONSULTING GROUP IN THEIR FIRST POAST I LIEK TOTES BELIEB YOU!

Reactions: 2 users
I generally found SDN helpful before med-school.

I generally found talking to actual people more helpful during med-school.

There shouldn't be need for private advising groups... but you do have to spend the time here reading!

As a pre-med with really a crappy pre-health advisor who doesn't know jack ****, I found the admissions bundle quite helpful. Maybe that's just me, but it helped me figure out what I needed for the upcoming application cycle. It's obviously not required, but it was like 200 dollars which is less than one credit hour. I needed an outline for how to apply and that's pretty much what it is.

You will not always get everything you need on a silver plate handed to you.

Nice try though ;)

@Goro is better than any silly private consulting service

In a pinch, the average SDN regular still gives very good advice.